• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Who's entering ADA IAPLC 2009?

zig

So who's entering from UKAPS?

I will enter anyway. Not entirely happy but will give it a shot.

The tank I will enter is my second attempt, first effort went fubar earlier this year after a 2 month trip away (work related) so second go here on an entirely different layout. First effort ideally would have been my first choice but it was very hard to recreate second time around, I tried to recreate it but it was very hard to do so I gave up and tried something entirely different and this new layout will be my entry.

Anyway else going to enter?

not me, i don't have anything good enough.i have iwagumi's that dont follow the rules, other scapes that are 2D in an image.....

plus what i do have i've posted all over the web

i don't believe the judging is up to scratch. over the last couple of years i've looked at the entries, there are some real strange decisions with placement

Not me i'm afraid, 5 tanks and not one is up to standard yet, only one is really up to ADA standard anyway and it's far from ready. I did think about submitting my Okiishi fake rock tank now that i've ripped out all the glosso :lol:

Hi All,i am hopeing to give it a go,but my photography skills are pants :rolleyes: now if i could get the g-man or dan the man,or even my bestest buddy ever in the whole world George you da man farmer :lol: :lol: ,then yeh i may give it a go,
regards john.

i just realised the closing date is next week,i thought it was end of august :lol: ,thats a NO then :lol: ,
john.

JamesM said:
I thought about it, but I've shown my tank off too much.

Peter, its a shame we have to wait a year until each competition to see your work these days.

James I have been very busy this past year workwise, I have been away from the forum here for months at a time due to working away from home and in the next few weeks I could be starting work on another job which could last 6 months. So I don't have a lot of time for aquascaping lately tbh, I have only done the two tanks mentioned above since ADA last year. Both will be posted up here at some stage I have no doubt. You should enter anyway even if your tank has been posted here

I wouldnt worry about having shown your tank on any of the forums, it is not a requirement to enter, I dont think it would impair anybodys chances.

So it looks like George is the only one to enter so far from the UK, only one entry from the UK in 2009 :eek: Doesn't sound right!

Saintly you have easily something good enough to enter.

John get your camera out or you will regret it come the end of July if you dont, just take you shots with the room blacked out, shoot at night time or daytime curtains closed etc.

I am entering, purely to up the numbers of UK entries & to recieve some feeedback. I am not bothered about the placing, or if they disqualify me for postings pics on here, i wont let it ruin my hobb, or anyone else's enjoyment.
I am also entering AGA, and the other one which was posted on here a few months back.

thanks

LondonDragon said:
Maybe in 10 years time I will have something to enter!! Not good enough I am afraid!!

Same here. I am not even vaguely close to any competition level.

a1Matt said:
LondonDragon said:
Maybe in 10 years time I will have something to enter!! Not good enough I am afraid!!

Same here. I am not even vaguely close to any competition level.

hehe maybe enter something in the AGA, maybe an old layout and see what the judges say about it, but since my photos have been posted all over the place not sure if that is permitted.

Can I ask when the closin date is? And does anyone know the closing dates for the other competitions aswell?

I am going to enter, again purely to up the numbers and get some feedback. I think we all know I'm not going to do well (especially with my photography) but I don't care! :lol:

I'm especially looking forward to the AGA when I can enter the biotope section, hopefully might stand more of a chance then.

im entering but i might not be now. i have submitted my details but found i cannot get a FTS. my camera cant do Wide angle stuff and to get the whole tank in i have to be so far back, you then cant see the layout. :lol: so looks like im out of this one as i have a shoddy camera. i also have no Photoshop skills to editthe photo if i do get one. sorry guys.

What muppet came up with this rule of 'You can't enter if you've already got a picture of the tank on the internet'?
It serves no purpose and does nothing but detract from the hobby.

Thats Chinese Whispers I'm afraid. That rule does not exist.

The rule is that unpublished work must be entered. i.e. If you setup the camera on a tripod and take 2 identical pictures then put one on all the forums and the journals then the remaining 'identical' photo remains unpublished.

Even if there is no slight movement of plant or fish within the picture to prove it isn't the picture that you posted on the net there is the photo's digital data which will show it is different.

AC

SuperColey1 said:
The rule is that unpublished work must be entered. i.e. If you setup the camera on a tripod and take 2 identical pictures then put one on all the forums and the journals then the remaining 'identical' photo remains unpublished.

Even if there is no slight movement of plant or fish within the picture to prove it isn't the picture that you posted on the net there is the photo's digital data which will show it is different.

of course, i never thought of that.

i still think the judging is obscene though.

Nick16 said:
im entering but i might not be now. i have submitted my details but found i cannot get a FTS. my camera cant do Wide angle stuff and to get the whole tank in i have to be so far back, you then cant see the layout. :lol: so looks like im out of this one as i have a shoddy camera. i also have no Photoshop skills to editthe photo if i do get one. sorry guys.

when you are zoomed out that is classed as "wide-angle" on a compact. When you are zoomed in it becomes "tele-photo"

I am sure you dont have to be that far back, even a camera-phone doesnt need that much space! :lol:

aaronnorth said:
I am sure you dont have to be that far back, even a camera-phone doesnt need that much space! :lol:
Maybe he doesn't know how to zoom back!! could be on full zoom! if using a compact that is :p

I have a 90mm lens on my camera that I use for macro, and to take a full shot of the tank I have to be about 4 meters away!

no its useless. its fully zoomed out but the shot is so narrow i have to be about 2.5 metres away and you cant see much that far away!

Back