• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Who's entering ADA IAPLC 2009?

I have entered, and actually will be going to the party itself. After graduating from college this last spring, I decided to myself that I finally have the time to go so I'm going! I hope to see some of you there-- that would be a treat. I've only ever met George when I had a chance to make a brief trip to the UK 2 years ago and regret I didn't put in effort to meet more of you.

On another note, if any of you want to try picking up some Japanese for getting around Tokyo, I found a really good site: JapaneseClass.jp

For me to, I'm going to try to pick up the Suikei Yougo (aquascaping terminology) better before getting there by reading Aquajournals. The Japanese don't have any good forums like we English speakers are used to, and only use blogs unfortunately.

Ya beat me to it George, I was going to post the same.

Dear Contest Participants,

Thank you for your application to our International Aquatic
Plants Layout Contest 2009.

Originally we have prepared to make the contest result announcement
at the end of July, but due to the significant increase in applications,
we shall postpone the announcement on August 11th.

We will send out the contest result by airmail, and publish
the result on our iaplc.com web pages.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this delay,
but we ask you of your patience and understanding while our staffs
try our best to deliver the contest result as soon as possible.

Doh, this means I wont know until I get back off my holidays.

The jury have adjudicated and the results are in :)

90th position for me, slipping down the charts from last year, not too bad though happy enough with that. Closely followed by George Farmer in position 169 good result there George :clap: .

3 Europeans in the top 27 this year which is a pretty good result really, winner from Viet Nam, I had an idea they were ones to watch from last year, 3 in the top 10 from those guys.

I will post something up when I get back from a trip away, just heading away for 5-6 days so will post something up when get back all my pics are on a different hard drive laptop packed away etc, under pressure here to get on the road (while the sun is shining :D ) see you all later :wave:

These are the results in English, 2 pdf files on that page for download.

http://en.iaplc.com/results09/results09.html

Nice one fellas!

A quick look through and here is what i can see.

Andy Mac - 81
Peter Kirwan - 90
George Farmer - 169
Aaron North - 685
Graeme Edwards - 839
James Star Marshall - 1056
James Maslin - 1156

Congratulations to all of you :D

yep i am pleased with my result, here is what i posted on the other thread:
685 out of 1342! I am very pleased with that! and quite shocked too, looking at past entries from the people on UKAPS they were getting in the 600's too :rolleyes:

The judging can be dodgy though, as pointed out above with the sand, that isnt always the case, i didnt find any waste hardly, due to good circulation ;)

Congrats to everyone else though, it seems everyone has improved ten fold :thumbup:

Thanks to everyone at UKAPS

A big well done to everyone.
Particularly to Andrew and Peter, who if I understand correctly will make the ADA book this year.
Also to George with a very respectable placement indeed.
Not forgetting Aaron who beat Jason Baliban by 2 places, an amazing acheivement at 15 years old

Cheers
James

Back