• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Why Does Pogostemon Helferi And HC Keep on Melting?

Krishs Bettas

They turn a light transparent green colour and turn into mush?
Can the recorver and how can I stop this from hapening?

Graeme and I spoke to Lars at Tropica and he puts it down to a lack of Trace elements, all of which can be found in Tropica Plant Nutrition, the plus variety has the added benefit of N+P so i'd go for that.

Also, as above, CO2 ;)

You'd be better off using Excel or Easycarbo rather than Yeast CO2 IMO. When I used Yeast generated CO2 on my 25l nano I had continual algae growth until I used both CO2 and EasyCarbo. As it turns out the EasyCarbo or Excel will do as good a job on it's own. George has done some excellent scapes with only these liquid carbon supplements.

Hi Krish,
Yes it's possible as long as you don't use too much light. If carpet plants such as these are important to you then life would be much easier with a pressurized gas cylinder system. Liquid carbon is not as effective as as gas system so your margin of error is slimmer. Depending on your tank size and filtration, it could be very expensive to do daily dosing of liquid carbon. Depending on where you live you may not have access to certain equipment though, I realize that. Are you in UK?

Cheers,

Back