• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Why I've been quiet for a while :)

nry

Busy building this!

finished6.jpg

Airfix 1/48 Spitfire MkVa (Douglas Bader) (A50030)

A few more piccies, this was a birthday present, the first kit I've built in 20 years!

stand.jpg

finished1.jpg

finished2.jpg

finished3.jpg

finished4.jpg

finished5.jpg

finished7.jpg

finished8.jpg

finished10.jpg

Excellent weathering I always loved weathering but took it way too far, every train I had was inch thick with black and rusts.

Cheers Garuf :) First attempt at it using a Promodeller wash - I was mainly wanting to highlight the panel lines but it ended up looking pretty good I think for my first attempt! And so far, no algae ;)

Very nice! When I was younger I loved to build them, but didn't have the money for a proper airbrush kit. After I started working, I have money for an airbrush kit but don't have the time, so am unwilling to spend.

This was the last kit I built about 6 years ago using spray cans.

DSC01986-1.jpg

DSC01975-1.jpg

DSC01972-1.jpg

Hope you don't my thrashing up your thread with errr... second-rate workmanship :lol:

Nice Scooby :)

Never did manage to learn to spray though I would love to try an airbrush at some point, the finish looks much better than brushes in most cases!

Yep, brush painted :)

Further kits since then, all brush painted:

Airfix 1/48 Me109:

29.jpg

31.jpg

34.jpg

Airfix 1/72 Gazelle done in the Royal Navy Sharks day glo colours with 3rd party decals:

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

Back