• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

why my betta is unhappy

Dogukan

Seedling
i've got a betta in my 30 liters tank. i think i made best for h

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-20 at 12.20.20.jpeg
im but he's unhappy. I've bought him 2 months ago. And i've algae problem. What should i do?

and i got video

Why do you think he is unhappy? More plants might help, get some floating ones add some cover. This will also help compete with algae.

What's your lighting period? Do you fertilise? More info will help.

bc he is not energetic and he does not react to the mirror. 6 hours my lighting period.

Why do you think he is unhappy? More plants might help, get some floating ones add some cover. This will also help compete with algae.

What's your lighting period? Do you fertilise? More info will help.

bc he is not energetic and he does not react to the mirror. 6 hours my lighting period.

yes there isn't filter. What type of filter i supposed to buy?
If there's no filter, are you doing regular big water changes?
Either a small internal filter, such as an Eheim pickup or a Dennerle corner filter, something to get some flow and filter out the waste products ASAP. The filter wont be effective till the tank is cycled, which I've never done with livestock in, maybe someone else can advise?

If there's no filter, are you doing regular big water changes?
Either a small internal filter, such as an Eheim pickup or a Dennerle corner filter, something to get some flow and filter out the waste products ASAP. The filter wont be effective till the tank is cycled, which I've never done with livestock in, maybe someone else can advise?
I change water once a week. I change 5 liters is there enough?

What’s the temperature? Bettas like it warm and I don’t see a heater.
I’d also get some more plants, which will offer shelter, outcompete algae and improve water quality.

He doesn’t need a filter

His waste is obviously being used by the plants and especially algae

50% water change each week will be enough

Temperature is very important 25 minimum

At lower temperatures they are less active

Bettas will not just display to a mirror on command, it’s a training programme and it’s takes up a lot of energy on their part

He looks like a veil tail and dragging those long fins around takes up energy

He needs good quality food designed for a betta or live food such as daphnia, you will enjoy watching him hunt them down

He also needs somewhere to rest ideally at the surface

My advice is

More plants
& add Floating plants
Heater
Good food
50% water change each week

Be patient with the mirror banging it at the walls for a few seconds is just going to stress him

Look at possible tank mates, I strongly believe fish get bored and possible lonely and depressed

I suggest without a filter adding some nerite snails, and shrimp, the larger species, glass shrimp or amano

If you want smaller colourful shrimp then neocaridina species such as red cherry etc don’t expect them to breed though as your betta will hunt and eat the babies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back