• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Why won’t my moss stick.....

Doug

What is the best glue for sticking ”weeping moss” to driftwood?
I have super glue and tried that but the moss floats off and the glue leaves a messy residue on the wood.

U can use any super glue, but the best is one which is gel. Liquid one goes everywhere and leaves white marks if it doesn't dry before contact with water. U just need to hold it for 10 seconds and it should be glued.
But the best is to use some string and tie it up, it will look more natural.

Sent from my STK-L21 using Tapatalk

Give dark green Dyneema braided fishing line 0.06mm a try. :)

It's braided and moss or aufwuchs and even plants will attach to the line itself. It never rots and its army green colour will mask it what is visible looks rather like a piece from a plant or something. And it's thin as a hair it feels waxy and it ties very easy. And it's awfully strong...

https://www.protackleshop.co.uk/en5...ines-stealth-smooth-8-moss-green-2020/s/27320

Last edited:
Give dark green Dyneema braided fishing line 0.06mm a try. :)

It's braided and moss or aufwuchs and even plants will attach to the line itself. It never rots and its army green colour will mask it what is visible looks rather like a piece from a plant or something. And it's thin as a hair it feels waxy and it ties very easy. And it's awfully strong...

https://www.protackleshop.co.uk/en5...ines-stealth-smooth-8-moss-green-2020/s/27320
Nice but rather expensive.

Amazon product ASIN B0063G1HM0

I used some green thread in my last tank to fix a Java fern to some rock....as I was tying it to the rock it was leeching dye.... so always nervous about cotton. I guess the polyester thread doesn’t leech?

Well yes, it can be, the website was more meant as an example, Spiderwire indeed is an over the top expensive brand... It's looking around a bit most tackle shops sell it unbranded priced p/yard from large bulk rolls, thus you could buy 10,20 or 30 yards for much less... I guess every town still has 1 or more tackle shops around, fishing is what people keep doing. And it simply is Dyneema you might get it for other purposes as well.

I always used it in the past to make 30cm hook lines for carp fishing with the main Nylon line. I never needed nor bought it in large 150 yards rolls.

It works so well I found out to tie plants etc. to hardscape, I'll keep using it forever. And it took me over 2 years and 3 tanks to use all the 10 yards I still had left.

Back