• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Why you should use a scape box - Learn hardscaping faster

Never used a scape box, but been meaning to build one for ages.
Nigel you've incentivised me to pay B & Screw It a visit and get some sheet timber cut to fit ;)

Nice one nigel

Thank you Ryan :)

Never used a scape box, but been meaning to build one for ages.
Nigel you've incentivised me to pay B & Screw It a visit and get some sheet timber cut to fit ;)

You won't regret it Tim!

Make sure to post a picture when you build it and let me know if you like it :thumbup:

Got home from work pulled out some old chip board and (ignore the scape and crude wood work) but built myself a box lol

15252051897258502964185387207438.jpg

Nigel

As you know I have been recommending the Mock Tank for many years now. The Aquascapers who have used them always find them very helpful when planning an Aquascape.

Keith:wave::wave:

Jayefc

Great that is a very sturdy Mock Tank.
Two tips to make it easier for you.
1 Work at table height (no bending down)
2 Add a piece of material you can see through across the front, (about 15cm wide) by doing that you can now add a substrate, sand/garden soils work perfectly.

Now you can start a Topic and get help with your hardscapes.

Keith:wave::wave:

Im waiting on my Seryia rock to be delivered at mo ( coming from germany good deal on zoo 8kg £20)
as going to put a peice of wood across the bottom of the box as Tim has in his video so I can add soil and sand and agreed to working at a table thanks Keith

So my seria stone has arrived Not sure what um.gunna do with it but I think it was good value for money £20 from zoo
20180509_211943.jpg

Hey,

One tip is to visit often LFS with lots of hardscape. Snipe the right pieces and collect over the time.. Good hardscape helps a lot ;)
I don't really like ordering stones online. I understand it can be a long drive to some "good stores". But worth it in the end.. Sometimes I drive like 2-3 hours to snipe some nice hardscape :D

@Nigel95 , hardscape sniping should happen constantly....even just going for a walk in the neighbourhood .

Back