• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Will an assassin snail kill nerites??

I would argue with that as my assassin in my tank did not kill any of my nerites and was there for over a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
As above will a small asassin snail be able to kill nerites??

Should I remove the assassin??
I would argue with that as my assassin in my tank did not kill any of my nerites and was there for over a year.
One assassin snail will probably not be able to eat a nerite snail by itself due to the size difference but as I mentioned in another thread if they gang up, they can. It also depends on food availability. If there are many other smaller snails, they will not bother attacking larger ones.

I gave my friend some Theodoxus nerites and he had a hidden assassin snail in his tank, and yes I saw it eating one it must have killed. Though theos are smaller than the normal nerites.

In my experience of 1 assassin snail kept with 1 nerite snail in a 110l tank, no they will not. That's a fully grown assassin snail and a fully grown nerite snail, and they've been together for about 2 years now.

Back