• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

will this work?

Hi
I currently have a pond pump and filter doing the filtration work on my tank, the pump pushes out 4000 lph and all this is done though 1.5 inch pipe work. what i would like to do is add a second normal external filter but using a reducing tee to plumb in the externals outlet pipework straight into the pond filters outlet pipe work that way i can run a reactor off the external and have the combined flows exiting though a single tank long spray bar. What im not sure about though is would this work or would the 4000 lph push against the external at the reducing tee or would the higher flow rate act as a venturi and help pull the water from the external?

hope that all makes sense

that is an option but i would like an external too so i can run with things like purigen and fine filter pads, both are things i cant do with the pond filter. and im not sure how well a reactor would work with 4000lph flow

Back