• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Windowsill Nature

Akwaskape

DSC_0153_zpswlz1v04n.jpg

Hi thought i'd share a pic of my tank
its 24x8x8 inches

Hopefully it attached!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Another Phil
no, no light runs of sunlight, no filter, ferts, co2 injected or liquid or anything really.
All I've got running at the mo due to the shorter days is an open ended airline gently blipping away for a bit of circulation.
Thanks glad you like it :)

Hey, think that looks amazing! Really natural and unspoilt.

Where is the tank/stand from? I like the dimensions.

Hi Mark
it's a clear seal, great little tank. The stand is diy from some hardwood bed slats I laying around.

Thanks, I've tried to keep it as unspoilt and natural as posSible. It's pretty resilient now as it's coming up for 18 months old. But it's been through its moments lol.

@Colinlp it's had its moments last summer it was in my previous house, i've since moved its where I started it.
Here are some pics of its phases :) I love the fact that with a little know how and a lot of patience beautiful "nature aquariums' can be created. This costs me an air pump to run :)

IMG_20141021_174104_zps1eozz7dt.jpg
CSC_0577_zpsyxqyhq6y.jpg
IMG_20150317_090601_zpsve9rwueb.jpg
20140816_110851_zpshmtoxi5r.jpg
IMG_20141117_154305_zpstohgpd2t.jpg

It's lovely, nice and simple but looks really good!

What's the long, crinkle leaved plant?

OK, wow...that is just great to see. Total opposite of high-energy/tech but equally as spectacular, it's taken me right back to my roots and reminded me why I love this hobby. And you have Platys, my very first tropical fish...scuse me while I take a meander down nostalgia lane...
Thanks for sharing...:)

Last edited:
@Troi
thanks glad you like it.
It is practically as 'low as i could go'

Their golden mountain minnows
for the first 9 months of its life it didn't even have an air pump. Just natural energy.

Thanks Troi glad you like it, I like to think of it as sustainable. I'm very happy that you noted it was impressive. I really want to see how far the low energy 'nature aquarium' can be pushed in terms of design and art. I love the idea of a low energy scape where people would assume it was high energy. Just need to work on the art and of course low takes alot longer. I've got a moss / liverworts build approaching and feel like I'm getting closer :)

Back