• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Without Foundation - James Maslin

JamesM said:
Many thanks guys, I really appreciate all the comments, and the fact they are good is a very welcome bonus :)
You were worried about nothing, its a great idea mate :) its one of those things people will either love it or hate it and its been so well executed that most love it off course :) congrats

LondonDragon said:
JamesM said:
Many thanks guys, I really appreciate all the comments, and the fact they are good is a very welcome bonus :)
You were worried about nothing, its a great idea mate :) its one of those things people will either love it or hate it and its been so well executed that most love it off course :) congrats
Thank you my friend :)

TDI-line said:
He he, you the man. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sheer class, all the way.

Now i'm off to buy a crocodile skeleton on Ebay. :twisted: :twisted:
w0000t! :D

Cheers, Dan! :)

Graeme Edwards said:
Thats a brave move....

I wonder what Amano would make of it, :lol:
I've got Amano on speed dial, and he suggested adding a garden fence background. That was the really brave part, and yes, I did try it :lol: :D

What do you think though, Graeme? Honestly...

I think its pretty cool. Very novel, but some how, it works. It shouldn't, given the subject, but to speak with artistic tongues, it seems to say allot about how we see our own personal spaces in the Uk, its a shame to me. I see this in fields and parks around the UK amd it is a common sight. Just think about what you are representing,the daily decay of modern life, the sights we all see on a daily basis, the detritus left by fellow man. So in many ways James, you have said allot about nature and the human race in the Uk, its blighted by our own hands, which is a shame.

I like it for all those reasons, not because of the bricks, but because of what it represents.

The guys in my last place of work joked about doing their own nature aquarium, bricks, beer cans etc.

Well done James.

Thank you, Graeme :)

That's the exact train of thought I had the more I thought and looked at it. Where I live was nothing more than beautiful clean grazing fields about ten years back, now its full of roads, shops, people and several thousand houses, with very little green open areas, and even those are full of bricks, tyres and other rubbish! It has its own beauty in some ways though, and certainly shows the impact we have on this planet.

Tyres... now there's a thought... :lol:

Thanks Tony mate! :)

Oliver Knott would be proud.

Enter it into the ADA contest, I'd read the comments on this one:)

It's actually well done.
The beauty of the Brick.
Why does urban blight need to be ugly?
You got 5+ points from me there.
New perspectives.........

Regards,
Tom Barr

JamesM said:
Thanks Tom :)

I did think about competitions, like http://aquaticscapers.com/ but its not ready for that, and I don't know too much about the other comps :oops: And its been shown now, so I guess I'd be ruled out :rolleyes:

just dont post your final tank shot. Besides, it isnt finished yet is it?

I think this would do well in the AGA competition. :D

I think it needs a few empty crisp packets, a squashed can of Tennets special brew, and a maybe a copy of Razzle, just for authenticity.

Whose got a spare copy... :D

JamesM said:
:lol:

You guys are great :D

Can hedgehogs swim? You think there's room for one in there? :D

They can swim for a little while, but will get exhausted, and need a ramp up to a dry land area. Have had one die in a pond before I built a ramp for them to get out :(

M

Another updated pic for practice, with equipment removed.

2009_04300025b.jpg

Back