• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Wonder why my Balansae is so brown?

I was posting in another thread earlier and I have a classic case of a plant moving house, a Balansae that started off at the opposite end of the tank dissolved then re-appeared at the other end. These plants have moved with me through numerous setups over the years but I've never noticed it ever grow as brown as this in any other tank. Is there such a thing as a brown version of these or is the brown an indication of good or poor health? I assume the former as it's thriving.

balansae.jpg

start brown and as they get longer they look green.
Hmm I wonder, I originally got the initial plant off someone in here years ago can't remember if it was meant to be a red version.
It's always done alright in any setup I've put it in both low and high energy but always just been green. The leaves in the image have nearly broke the surface so not exactly new ones. I'll keep an eye for them changing colour.

Probably me!
Haha good chance mate. Afaik I'm pretty sure I've only ever bought balansae once in my life. Just been browsing through my phone photos and it was in my high tech setup as far back as December 2016, if I'm not mistaken it originally was in the low tech set up from before that so fair to say I've had my moneys worth out of it.
Mad to think that the plant in the photo is a distant relative of this one from 5years ago.
IMG_20170726_2203121.jpg

Back