• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Wonderful Proserpinaca palusstris cuba

2watts per liter it is not thriving

Just seen that.... if this is a large tank this is an overkill, well depend on what kind of light you have. With HQI you can shoot with more, with T5 this is way too much.
Not sure if this isn't a typo and the light is 2w/g only which isn't that much.

Just seen that.... if this is a large tank this is an overkill, well depend on what kind of light you have. With HQI you can shoot with more, with T5 this is way too much.
Yeah I thought it might well be a typo, but you gotta use the info you got.....
Like you say there can be many variables, tank size, lighting type etc, maybe H can clear it up.....

That is some beautiful looking pp viktorlantos, congrats!
Im not so good in english abbrevations.--- what is ATI?

My two pictures are from different tanks. the upper is hightech and the lower is an lowlight aquarium.

I will try for a week to obtain 5ppm NO3 and 16:1 ratio in NO3 : PO4
I will add MGSO4 to obtain 4:1 to Ca. I have 15ppm Ca i tapwater
And just a splash of micro.
and cut down some light to 1watt per liter.
No Tropica fert at all.
About the CO2- I can not give any more, else the amanochrimps will go on strike.

I have som pics at my blogg from the start, and it has been running for 150 days now aproximetly.

Bloggplats H. | Istället för fejan

It took a bad start, but from christmas i have started to care more for the scape.

H.

fr-vnstr.jpg

It is an 54 liter tank, with 4*24watt T5 aquatic florocent lighting

That's a alorra light !! Do you wear sunglasses when around the tank
indeed lol, but if the CO2 levels are right he will get a carpet in about 6 week like I did once! lol

The HC on the top is doing great. bubbling like champagne! also the HC at the bottom is doing great.
I have some Starogyne repens and ranunculus inundatis and a red Hygriphilia araguaia. They all do very well in the tank. but not PP.

H.

Wooooow

That's a alorra light !!
Do you wear sunglasses when around the tank
Yeah! I actually have 6*24watt in the ramp but i dont have them all on. (anymore)

H.

That's a pretty intense lighting unit you have.

Strange that the HC is pearling yet the PP is curling .....
Pretty good rhyme I no haha but I'm think ill sit back and see where this thread goes.

You teaser macek.g! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Amazing color, How did you get that color?

H.

I have made some big waterchanges now, and I still cant get PO4 down below 1,8. (not so far)
Lights are reduced and CO2 is kept the same or slightly increased.
Im not ferting any extra K but what commes from KNO3.
Aiming on N= 5ppm, that should give K= 3,3 and some extra Mg.

More waterchages to come untill PO4 drops down below 0 ,5ppm.

I keep the water soft and NO3 - 5-10 ppm per week and PO4 0.5 - 1 ppm and a lot of micro sometimes 4.5 ppm Fe :)
And lighting?

This is what it looks now, thursday 24th.
It has split in to thre new shoots on the top and it seems to grow. how good we wil see in some days.

I have made some water changes now, and got PO4 at 1,0ppm.
Tonight im gonna figure out how much of the KNO3 i am gonna put in to it.
aaa.jpg

H.

Back