• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Woodland Troll - Take Four

Thanks @Mr.Shenanagins and @Jayefc1, and @alto your kind words are much appreciated.

But - if I’m allowed a but - I do miss that second rock, the wood looks precarious without that supporting stone
though obviously this will disappear as plants grow in (hint: a tangle of vines ;))
Yeah, I guess you're right about that but it'd get lost in plant growth eventually and I thought it relatively insignificant and therefore unnecessarily complicated. The problem I have is the hardscape is really too big for a 60-P it would perhaps be more at home in a 90cm wide tank where I could add a more substantial rock (that wouldn't get lost) and still maintain balance. But I was determined to use the root anyway :rolleyes:

Which Marsilea did you choose?
The smaller of the two, M. crenata ;)

Looks great time as said great hardscape and plant list should develop into a great scape and nice and open on the right.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Or maybe a 120p in the new house when you move ;)
Haha, that's the plan, but looking unlikely this side of Christmas now because of you know what :meh::rolleyes:
Looks great time as said great hardscape and plant list should develop into a great scape
Thanks Dean, hopefully it will develop without any more dramas, and yes it should become a nice enough looking scape given time.
nice and open on the right.

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
I like negative space and was trying to create a scape with as much of it as I could get away with. The planting won out in the end tho', but I think I've ended up with a decent balance all the same.

but at least you have the Woodland Troll to keep.you busy
Exactly Jay, that's always been part of the plan too. It's amazing how much better I feel knowing I have a planted tank to take my mind of the strange times undoubtedly ahead :confused::)

In a strange way though it's actually been nice to have the time at home to appreciate just how lucky we are even with the uncertainty that surrounds us
That's true, it's like a pause for thought, perhaps reminding us of what's important in life :)
Have to say I did like the original scape but you've made it even better, maybe what happened, happened for a reason. Going to look epic when that all grows in.
Thanks Paul, I'm hoping so :)

It's all settling down quite well, and so far very little melt.

Been getting a bit frustrated with my original Up Atomiser, I've had to clean it at the beginning of every photoperiod so far. It works fine throughout and then the next morning refuses to allow any CO2 through. I've swapped out the reg and that's okay. I've cleaned it in limescale bleach and now Steradent.

I'm going to leave the gas on 24/7 now at a reduced output see if that makes any difference. I've been meaning to try that method anyway so now would seem like a good time, especially since I don't have any critters to worry about.

Not much has changed visually but I thought I'd post another snap nonetheless. Like I mentioned before, nothing groundbreaking, just fancied creating a scape with a more traditional NA look :)

49687356161_7e318930b4_b.jpg

Thanks hoggie, you're right and I've checked, both are fine. WP is at 3 bar and no leaks ;)

I think it's maybe a little old and that I may need to buy a new one. I wish I'd known when I ordered the plants, now I'll also have to pay separate postage as well :rolleyes:

Hi hoggie,

It's built in to the bubble counter, I know it's letting the CO2 through 'casue I tried it and got a blast of water in the face.
Classic comedy style... looking down a hose pipe waiting for the water to come out, d'oh... :meh::eek:
And it's also doing its job of stopping the water back syphoning in to the reg.

jbl-proflora-co2-count-safe-bubble-counter.jpg

Hi Tim
I would add another good quality one just before the Atomiser!
This will keep the working pressure up in the atomiser chamber.
That might help!
I always used 2 check valves running Co2 from a cylinder.
hoggie

Tank looking good bud. Carpet is really coming along and a great colour.

Funny you say about your promise cause my bps has stayed the same but the mist seems to be reduced out of my Flux Bazooka diffuser, even after cleaning it out. Strange. Hope you get to the bottom of it bud

Back