• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Word of warning!

ale36

Last week i cleaned my tank and decide to spot dose my anubias with some DIY liquid carbon to treat some algae on the leaves, well 2 days later the leaves where all brown and now they are just leaf skeletons,

Lucky i didn't do it in all of the leafs so i still have a health ish plants just need to remove the dead stalks

ian_m

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Been there done that with Excel.....:(

So when using Excel, I brush on with toothbrush (out of the tank), rinse and quickly put back in tank, slight film of BGA on Anubias leaves disappeared and leaves survived. Easycarbo (notice only £9 for 500ml at Zooplus....bargain) appears to be not so damaging and more tolerant of being left on the leaves.

ale36

i have done it before with out any severe effect but i guess this time was a little too much and maybe left it on toooooooo long :)

Andy Thurston

Been there done that with Excel.....:(

So when using Excel, I brush on with toothbrush (out of the tank), rinse and quickly put back in tank, slight film of BGA on Anubias leaves disappeared and leaves survived. Easycarbo (notice only £9 for 500ml at Zooplus....bargain) appears to be not so damaging and more tolerant of being left on the leaves.

Tnc carbon £12.45 / litre
http://www.fluidsensoronline.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=93_70_197&products_id=449