• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Work in Progress Tank, Question About Anubias Nana Coin Leaf...

Ryan Young

Hi everyone, merry christmas.
Being given some money from friends for christmas I was hoping to further develop my 30L nano cube.
It has already got a lot better than what it started off as but am having problems since I re- scaped it.

As you can probably see from the photo, there has been an increase in algae over the last week and a lot of diatoms also so have been trying my best to keep the tank as clean as possible.

The filter is likely to be moved in a few weeks as it is ugly as heck! It came with the tank and I had been using an eheim ecco pro 200 which was great although had to be taken off as I was having problems with it such as when I did a water change it would start to drain the tank and even when I bought stop valves it still did the same.

My question is on the anubias nana coin leaf it is covered in hard muck which feels almost like a limescale kind of thing if that makes sense. I tried to scrape it off but it just damages the plant; taking the plant out is not an option as it is now completely established however does anyone know what it is, and how to get rid of it?

Also I would appreciate any suggestions on how to improve the tank, im really happy with it at the moment but it is 100% missing something, the hygrophila araguaia in the back is just spreading out rather than growing taller and would like to see that pick up soon. I am not running Co2 on the tank which may be why but if anyone knows why this isn't growing too great let me know.

Apologies for the poor picture, it is on my phone!

IMG_1345.JPG

Hi all,
My question is on the anubias nana coin leaf it is covered in hard muck which feels almost like a limescale kind of thing if that makes sense.
It could be lime-scale, if you have hard water? The process is called <"biogenic decalcification">.

It could also be <"Green Spot Algae">, I've often seen it on Anubias plants where they are out in full light.

cheers Darrel

Back