• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Working preassure - supposed to be stable?

Sondrus

Seedling
Hi,
I set up my first CO2 system last weekend. I have some trouble fine tuning the system. I use a dual stage regulator from CO2art.

I experience that when I increase the bubble rate, the working preassure drops. It also drops the first minutes after I turn the system on. I note an increase in working preassure when i turn off the solenoid off for the evening. Is this normal, or should it be more or less stable?

I am checked for leaks and havent found any yet. I am pretty sure there is no leaks between the solenoid, regulater and co2 tank, as the working preassure stays constant when i turn the solenoid off and shuts the co2 tank off for 10 + hours.

Hi @Sondrus

I have a single-stage dual-gauge CO2 regulator (JBL). What you have described sounds normal to me. You may also see variation in working pressure readings and bubble rate caused by ambient temperature changes. I think one of the reasons for this may be because the needle valve, probably made from a metal, expands and contracts very slightly as temperature rises and falls. Thus the flow of CO2 is affected. And you may see slight changes in the cylinder pressure as all these mechanical components interact.

JPC

Thank you for your answere :) That makes sense.

Even if it probably isn't dangerous, I am a little concerned about leaks as I have a little baby rolling around on the floor at home. Nice to know that small variations don't have to mean that I have leaks.

I will do some more testing this weekend.

Last edited:
Back