• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

WORLD WAR 3???

I just hope it doesn't get as bad I had expected it to be.
There is only one way this will go and the title of this thread says it all!

I don’t think it will get to that stage
We may be outraged by what’s happening but to commit our sons to die for it is another thing

If it went to all out war then there wouldn’t be enough time to get a single soldier there before we become just shadows on the floor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One thing puzzles . The London Oligarchs are still here in Europe ? Them and their family's should sent right back to Russia to counter the misinformation (that estimates vary 70% of Russians believe )given out by state propaganda. The sight of the one Russian billionaire given air time on BBC whinging about is assets frozen pathetic and sick. Don't freeze assets sieze them and use to help the Ukrainian people

but with all the current countries involved, isn't it already a ww3?

Theoretically yes!... And as soon there is a Russian shot fired on European territory it's practically... That's when the s... hits the fan...

Maybe Poetin is up to it in his desperate act showing muscle... Not sure if his subordinates/supporters really are?. He has his advisors too that most likely advise against a suicide mission... Or else it already might have happened. Russia is so massively large they are not capable of ruling properly, any more expansion will be even more difficult to rule, so there is nothing to win only to lose. Suppose he overthrows Europe they are not capable of getting the economical collapse back on track and will go down the drain together with what they so-called conquered.

Last edited:
Neither side has officially declared war
Even if a stray missile missed Ukraine and went into Poland that wouldn’t be classed as declaring war by the Russians, it be condemned by NATO etc and classed as something like an infringement or an international incident

Let’s get this straight no one in NATO wants to be the one to hit the nuclear button, there’s no way back from that

If any of you believe full on WW3 is on the way then I expect to see all your scapes up for sale and you booking flights to remote countries in South America or the South Pacific in the hope you may survive as you’ve no chance if you live in Europe or North America

Let's be totally honest and realistic about what WW3 would be like in our current infrastructure and population density even if it would be a rather conventional war.

Empty supermarkets, probably no electrical power and no gas to burn the stove and even worse no clean water from the tap... Since survival is no longer one of our natural instincts not even to speak of the lack of natural resources. Then what do we all do? Cook an egg on burning plastic window frames? 1 million people running after the 10.000 rabbits still left in the few patches of the forest we still have? It would be less than a few weeks before total chaos breaks out and people start killing each other over resources. A few weeks more millions will be starved without seeing an enemy soldier... That's like invading a country with pilled up corpses all over the place.

One doesn't need to be a professor to realise this is the only thing a WW3 will end in. And in the aftermath, it will cause millions of casualties for the instigator of this action. Even if Poetin was so stupid to order his subordinates to strike... I kinda refuse to believe they would be that stupid to follow up on it. I rather believe if he does, he will go into history as the 21st century Julius Ceasar.

Let's be totally honest and realistic about what WW3 would be like in our current infrastructure and population density even if it would be a rather conventional war.

Empty supermarkets, probably no electrical power and no gas to burn the stove and even worse no clean water from the tap... Since survival is no longer one of our natural instincts not even to speak of the lack of natural resources. Then what do we all do? Cook an egg on burning plastic window frames? 1 million people running after the 10.000 rabbits still left in the few patches of the forest we still have? It would be less than a few weeks before total chaos breaks out and people start killing each other over resources. A few weeks more millions will be starved without seeing an enemy soldier... That's like invading a country with pilled up corpses all over the place.

One doesn't need to be a professor to realise this is the only thing a WW3 will end in. And in the aftermath, it will cause millions of casualties for the instigator of this action. Even if Poetin was so stupid to order his subordinates to strike... I kinda refuse to believe they would be that stupid to follow up on it. I rather believe if he does, he will go into history as the 21st century Julius Ceasar.

Pretty much this. While I don't believe we are heading to WW3, I don't think that if there was a war it would turn nuclear necessarily anyway.

We are a long way from what we were during WW2 when a lot of the world still knew how to survive without running water and supermarkets, now we barely make it through the day when Facebook goes down so a conventional war would be almost as catastrophic.

My humble opinion:

I doubt the nukes will fly. I think I read it takes 3 people agreeing to that in Russia.
My hope is someone ends this quickly with a double tap.

It will remain conventional, and be a war by proxy a la Afghanistan.

US upped the ante today and said they are "officially" providing stingers. There's a lot of rumor that the Russian troops have been gaslighted to believe Ukraine wanted them there and are surprised that there is resistance. A lot of self sabotage on the supply lines and poking holes in gas tanks. Most 19 y.o. kids do not want to kill women and children, they want to be seen as heroes.

Don’t mean to scare monger at all but I presume if Putin says use the nucs then two people with the keys have to turn them, and hopefully they won’t but who says there isn’t someone with them with a gun to make sure they do as told ?
I mean if I was a crazed dictator I wouldn’t trust anyone to do what I said out of sheer loyalty but more out of fear, and there’s always someone willing to move up the ranks

There are powerful images coming out at the moment, Russian 7 year olds locked up for laying flowers in tribute to Ukrainians, a Russian soldier crying on a phone call to his mum when he was taken prisoner, people are resisting on both sides of the border.
He still has most of the population brainwashed but it seems some young conscripts are realising the truth. The convoy isn't moving as yet, maybe lack of full/organisation or possibly he is leaving it there in the hope that the Ukrainians attack giving him justification to flatten Kyiv.

@Zhekus I'm looking for information of it is going on inside Russia since on our newspaper I can't really find any information.
Is any Twitter or some other way to know what is going on over there? If people are aware of what it is happening?

Sometimes it is hard to tell what is the truth and what is propaganda from both sides of the conflict!
All we know is that the Ukrainian people did not need to be liberated, the Ukrainian people do not want to be ruled by the Kremlin, and there is no place for Russia in Ukraine. They should be dissociated with the word Europe and be left on their own without lifting any of these sanctions! Let them rot until Russia as a nation comes to their senses and overthrow this a-hole!!!

One thing puzzles . The London Oligarchs are still here in Europe ? Them and their family's should sent right back to Russia to counter the misinformation (that estimates vary 70% of Russians believe )given out by state propaganda. The sight of the one Russian billionaire given air time on BBC whinging about is assets frozen pathetic and sick. Don't freeze assets sieze them and use to help the Ukrainian people
seems an awful lot have donated blue and some very recently, maybe that’s why they have 30 days to come up with a new way to clean money and donate :eek:

there are plenty of Russians also in dire need, with the closing of access to banking plenty of people have empty cupboards etc, I have friends and colleagues from both countries and there has been no love for Mr P in 9 out of 10 people, only one that seemed happy came from Crimea as a someone born into the USSR, but I don’t think even he will now be such a supporter, as his life grinds to a halt.

He needs the army to say enough is enough and your time is finished. The Russian people really need to make their feelings known which is apparantly what they are trying to do. Not the first time an idiot regime has been overthrown. The world needs to be ready to assist if it goes that way. We do sit bye way to long before the world powers step up to the mark.

Don’t mean to scare monger at all but I presume if Putin says use the nucs then two people with the keys have to turn them, and hopefully they won’t but who says there isn’t someone with them with a gun to make sure they do as told ?
I mean if I was a crazed dictator I wouldn’t trust anyone to do what I said out of sheer loyalty but more out of fear, and there’s always someone willing to move up the ranks

In Alistair Cooke's documentary about the USA pressing the nuclear button it's a complex and although can be swift operation the final move l think as l remember the way it's done the actual "button presser" as no idea. However looking at Putin's henchmen it is a worry

Back