• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Worlds End'.Working the nano magic. 27/8/09

Re: Edwards's latest 'Worlds End'.

Graeme Edwards said:
Mate, she would go mental if she saw that, haha, love it. So not a good look for her.

Shes nuts!!!
hmm, maybe you speak the truth oh wise one. I think Ill protect my man jewels from future harm (ie a kick in the nuts from Becca) by a smiley :D

img70651copy.jpg

Quality stu,I wouldn't like to be in your shoes when she gets hold you :lol:

john

Hi Graeme,
Great little tank you got...congrats.

Btw, I wish my mrs could tolerate my tanks like yours :D

Joe Faria said:
Hi Graeme,
Great little tank you got...congrats.

Btw, I wish my mrs could tolerate my tanks like yours :D
she's a ledge mate, my wife couldn't handle it, oh, should i say EX wife LOL.

'Worlds End'.Working the cube.

Well, Its only taken me nearly 2 weeks to get around to doing anything to thins cube, so that would make it 4 weeks without a water change. Ive toped up about 3 times in that time.
Im being honest here, there is not a spot of algae on/in this cube, the plant growth hasn't suffered for 4 weeks without dosing either. For me, this shows the true quality and benefits of ADA aqua-soil. Also, the added Tropica aqua-care and TPN+ capsules no doubt helped in this situation. I shall be doing this formula of substrate system again.

Ive knocked the easy carbo on the head, well only because I havent dosed anything at all.

Lights are still set at five hours with 11W of light.

Who says nano's are hard work??? :crazy:

Ill get a post prune shot tomorrow when the water has settled down,

Cheers.

That's a great shot mate. A master working his craft. Your missus take that, or self-timer?

I'm with you on nanos being 'easy' too. A decent substrate allows for so much forgiveness with dosing. I haven't dosed NP for over a month now and growth is just fine.

Keep up the great work pal!

Nice shot pal :thumbup:

I'm with you on the nano dosing. I ran out of Easycarbo about 5 weeks ago and none of my tanks have suffered for it. Whilst away for a week they received nothing at all and i had no ill effects, the HC has done particularly well.

I have Aquasoil and old Tropica stuff underneath that.....

Dan Crawford said:
Whilst away for a week they received nothing at all

from what i've seen when coming to your house it's the same when your there :lol: kidding mate, your 90cm was lovley. :angelic:

hey Graeme one of my fave UK scapers looking all handsome and stuff..... :lol:

George Farmer said:
That's a great shot mate. A master working his craft. Your missus take that, or self-timer?

I'm with you on nanos being 'easy' too. A decent substrate allows for so much forgiveness with dosing. I haven't dosed NP for over a month now and growth is just fine.

Keep up the great work pal!

Cheers mate.

It was on self timer, laying on the floor. The nano is sat on the table you famously knocked over with what seemed like litres of red whine on, haha. The stane has gone mate, dont worry. :thumbup:
stuworrall said:
great pic Greame and glad its going well. Got some algae in mine at the mo but also getting loads of growth as im having to trim the HC and hairgrass twice a week.

Do you find the 11w compact is better than the 20w halogen?

Yeah, the flori is way better than the halogen, even at half the power. You can grow a few things under that halogen, but ive found some stems just dont get the right spectrum of light. HC, moss, hair grass and Rotala all did well under the halogen.

Superman said:
Looks good Graeme, I too agree that nano's are "easy" after you get the basics right.
The five hours of 11w will help tho, I have the same in my nano and fancy increasing it, but don't want to spoil things too much.

Keep up the good work, I'm amazed with the HC.

Small increments is the key.
Dan Crawford said:
Nice shot pal :thumbup:

I'm with you on the nano dosing. I ran out of Easycarbo about 5 weeks ago and none of my tanks have suffered for it. Whilst away for a week they received nothing at all and i had no ill effects, the HC has done particularly well.

I have Aquasoil and old Tropica stuff underneath that.....

Shall we sod the EI and do the DC method? haha.
saintly said:
Dan Crawford said:
Whilst away for a week they received nothing at all

from what i've seen when coming to your house it's the same when your there :lol: kidding mate, your 90cm was lovley. :angelic:

hey Graeme one of my fave UK scapers looking all handsome and stuff..... :lol:

Awww dont, you make me go all shy :oops: haha.

Cheers guys, ill do a full tank shot later if I have the time.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks Ed :D

Heres a full tank shot post trim. Theres some rotala rotundafolia in the back right corner. The Riccardi is doing really well with the withdrawal of the easy carbo.Its like valis, it doesnt mix with carbo. Some may also find Egira densa suffers with carbo.

I might take this to the FOF, but im not sure.

Iv got the 30cm to do next week.

Thanks for reading.

Working the magic, indeed.... :D

I particularly like the subtle and restrained hint of stems (is it Myriophyllum mezianum?) in the background.

I'ver never tried Riccardia. Looks smart.

I was going to take my nano 'jungle' to the FoF too, but don't want to be embarrassed by having it next to this!! :lol:

The Riccardia is a great pant, very terrestrial looking, but hard to get hold of at the moment.

Im disappointed with the overall colour and mono green look to the picture. When viewed by the naked eye, the contrast of green shades is quite obvious, everything stands out more. Yet I take the picture and all the plants look the same shade of green which is dull. Im not sure if its the way im shooting it, exposure, lighting, or camera settings,or its happening in my post edit software. But I know it doesnt look quite like that when viewed in person.

Any ideas what I can do to get the colours etc. to what is like for like :?:

Cheers.

Hi ya G man,
stunnning nano mate,I must get round to doing my other two setups,but they will have to wait until mid October,we have more holls to take yet,
see ya in two wkd dude,
john,

Graeme Edwards said:
But I know it doesnt look quite like that when viewed in person.

they never do. my latest 60 does not even look anything like it does in the images....BTW, i saw bones of the earth yesterday, and all of the other tanks @ TGM.

the lamps nice, although its not the NAG green i was after. hey, what's up with the in store gumi?....it was covered.

Back