• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Worlds End'.Working the nano magic. 27/8/09

The tank's looking stunning, incredible sence of scale for such a small tank.
How long do you plan to run this setup? My nanos always look exhausted past 3-4 months.

Cheers James

Graeme Edwards said:
The Riccardia is a great pant, very terrestrial looking, but hard to get hold of at the moment.

Im disappointed with the overall colour and mono green look to the picture. When viewed by the naked eye, the contrast of green shades is quite obvious, everything stands out more. Yet I take the picture and all the plants look the same shade of green which is dull. Im not sure if its the way im shooting it, exposure, lighting, or camera settings,or its happening in my post edit software. But I know it doesnt look quite like that when viewed in person.

Any ideas what I can do to get the colours etc. to what is like for like :?:

Cheers.

Your tank looks great. Do not worry about the green. This looks natural.
for my last set of moss nano pictures which you can see on my flickr page i've changed a bit the contrast, sharpening (if you have photoshop use unsharp masking filter), vibrance (saturation). a bit of a contrast may would help on yours too to have a little depth of the tank.

otherwise great! love this pico ;)

James Marshall said:
The tank's looking stunning, incredible sence of scale for such a small tank.
How long do you plan to run this setup? My nanos always look exhausted past 3-4 months.

Cheers James

Thank you James. It is already 3-4 months old. Ill keep this going perhaps untill the HC has had its best, then I might do a new one. I like to try keep things going as long as I can. Depends on how busy I am at home or just want a change.

viktorlantos said:
Graeme Edwards said:
The Riccardia is a great pant, very terrestrial looking, but hard to get hold of at the moment.

Im disappointed with the overall colour and mono green look to the picture. When viewed by the naked eye, the contrast of green shades is quite obvious, everything stands out more. Yet I take the picture and all the plants look the same shade of green which is dull. Im not sure if its the way im shooting it, exposure, lighting, or camera settings,or its happening in my post edit software. But I know it doesnt look quite like that when viewed in person.

Cheers.

Your tank looks great. Do not worry about the green. This looks natural.
for my last set of moss nano pictures which you can see on my flickr page i've changed a bit the contrast, sharpening (if you have photoshop use unsharp masking filter), vibrance (saturation). a bit of a contrast may would help on yours too to have a little depth of the tank.

otherwise great! love this pico ;)

Thanks Viktor. Ive done all those things. Its definitely better than the RAW image.

Cheers.

Graeme Edwards said:

Cheers.

I presume you had tried adjusting white balance--that has big effects on color.

Are you by chance working on a Mac? I have a lot of trouble to with color depth being lost when I format in Photoshop on my Mac. I am trying to figure it out. Macs have issues with compatibility of embedded color profiles.

Your tank is looking great by the way.

Graeme Edwards said:

Thanks very much Hydrophyte. As it happens, yeah, im running a Mac with CS3. I always edit any of my photo edits from RAW in the PS RAW edit. I find it much easier editing RAW these days than Jpg.
Its interesting you mention its a potential problem with a Mac.

Ive asked Tony for his help with the issues I have mentioned. Hes a photo pro ( big time ) and im hoping he can shed some light on the issue. Hes a bit busy with his bundle of joy :D

Ill let you know/see any changes I make.

Cheers.

Jesus....what a top class scape :thumbup: :thumbup:

You certainly put the "nature" in Nature aquariums....great stuff!

I know I've hassled you alot for advice but that's why, your scapes are amazing mate!

Mark!

Really nice, you make such a big scene in a tiny space. Do you think you could acheive such tight growth with off the shelf aqua cube? or is the extra light, CO2 etc essential ? Congratulations T

TBRO said:
Do you think you could achieve such tight growth with off the shelf aqua cube? or is the extra light, CO2 etc. essential ? Congratulations T

I really doubt it. I had to add a different bulb to fit into the standard light that came with it. Then, after that Co2 was a must. Growing under halogen was tough, with only a hand full of plants able to grow under the poor light spectrum. This latest is using a Solaris 11W PC tube, which is much much better. The JBL nano lights would be a great choice. Forget the arcadia over the cube, it just wouldn't go.

This was grown under a higher rated bulb than the standard that came with it.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3884&hilit=Shakkie

Cheers.

Back