• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

would an 40cm tank look stupid on a 60cm long stand?

AdAndrews

i have a 35litre arc tank, measuring 40cm x 34cm (lxw) and i need a stand for it, it is currently on a coffee table, but needs to be moved, i am wanting a black cabinet, like the fluval roma 90 cabinet, which is 60cm long, but i was wondering if it would look stupid, being smaller than the cabinet..

got any ideas?

it's what's inside the tank not what it sits on. ;)
It'll look fine mate, don't worry.

Well it's ultimately for you to decide mate - you're the one who's gonna have to live with it. Personally, I would prefer the cabinet to fit the tank dimensions but some people wouldn't mind so much.

ok, thanks guys, well i dont see where i am going to get a 40cm stand, so i spose i will just have to get the 60cm instead.. has anyone had this stand? do screw holes show up on the surface so that may be seen by the parts not covered by the tanks base

thanks

i have looked on argos, spose i will just have to get the 60cm wont I, i think it will be fine actually.

thanks for your help. just need to decide on a filter then, where do you get these reductions you talked about aaron for the heater?

i think i will get the 60cm, i want black definately so it fits in with the other furnature, what shall i do about the screws ontop of the cabinet that will be seen?

As Aaron said the visible fittings are on the side not on the top surface. ;)

You can get black plastic screw caps to cover any screws from most DIY stores

Get a handfull of powder fine sawdust and some pvc glue and mix it up till you have a horrible pale stiff gunk. It's the worlds best filler. ;)

I think you'll struggle to find a black wood filler, I don't think they're all that common.

Back