• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Would EI have a negative impact on plant sales?

LondonDragon said:
a1Matt said:
I am going to post a thread up in the events section in the next couple of days to arrange a UKAPS meetup/trip there :thumbup:

Can't do this Saturday or the 13th but the one after would be fine by me ;)

I would be able to go as well.

I like to go to LFS'es, always have, and I believe that I should support a good LFS, once I find one that caters for my needs, rather spend a couple more pounds on a shop than buy online.

When I was a kid, in Lisbon, I used to once a month visit all the shops in town, would take the afternoon to do it. Those were the times when we only had Valis, Swords, Elodeas and Cabombas (late 80's), no mention of more than gravel for your tank, and hang on filters with carbon and filter pads. :)

ghostsword said:

I like to go to LFS'es, always have, and I believe that I should support a good LFS, once I find one that caters for my needs, rather spend a couple more pounds on a shop than buy online.

When I was a kid, in Lisbon, I used to once a month visit all the shops in town, would take the afternoon to do it. Those were the times when we only had Valis, Swords, Elodeas and Cabombas (late 80's), no mention of more than gravel for your tank, and hang on filters with carbon and filter pads. :)
I am Rik will come along to, so the more the merrier ;)

What's wrong with gravel? that's what I use in my main planted tank :p

What's wrong with gravel? that's what I use in my main planted tank

You know what I mean.. On those days there were no dry salts usage on the tanks, at least not from the people I knew. :)

Now you can even have your plants on rockwool forever, as the nutrients can be added to the water.

So by using EI, our plants get better, we become more confident about keeping them and we start trying new plants, harder plants to keep and hopefully the shops realise that they need to be ready to keep up with the changes.

There will be fish keepers that would not mind buying plants over and over again, just as there are still goldfish bowls on sale on most shops.

LondonDragon said:
ghostsword said:

I am Rik will come along to, so the more the merrier ;)

Lots of interest already, sweet!

Sat Feb 20th, Surrey 'LFS crawl'

I've started a dedicated thread here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9723

Back