• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

would t5s make a difference?

neelhound

Ive got a rio 180 with the standard 2x t8s which are either 30w or 36w. Ive also got an interpet t5 starter which is 54w. My plant growth is ok, and i have pressurised co2. Will see much of a diffwerence with 39w t5s?
Thanks

I've just replaced my T8's with T5's on my Rio 240, now I can't comment on the plant growth, yet, but I can say that my tank looks way better with the T5's. :thumbup:

The difference between T8's and T5's basically is the lumen output per circuit watt, with the T5 being more efficient. Since you are proposing to get rid of a lower power T8 to a higher power T5 then you will certainly have more light to play with :D .

Cro - The only reason that I can see for a tank to look better with a T5 (apart from the aesthetics of the luminaire itself) is the type of lamp that you have used, for example you may have had a T8 lamp with a colour temperature of 4,000K and now have a T5 lamp with a colour temperature of 6,000K? The other reason could be to do with the colour rendering of the lamp, you may have had a halophosphor T8 but now have a triphosphor T5? You can buy T8's or T5's at many different colour temperatures and you can get either as a halophosphor or triphosphor.

Back