• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Would this be safe to use as an aquarium stand

creg

Probably. But ikea cabines or tables are not build for aquariums and their weight so most of them need to be reinforced.. And most ikea stuff is not waterproof.

Greetz, Luciën.
Thanks, not sure if I'll risk it then as I'm not good at DIY so wouldn't be able to reinforce it.

Are you looking for a particular size and shape , as that Ikea one looks very low at 50cm ?

There are loads of ready made aquarium stands out there , many in the £40 -£100 range, just google "Aquarium Stands"

000283.jpg

I actually do want it low as it will go underneath my tv. Planning for an 80x40cm aquarium.

Is that a good idea placing a TV over a tank, surely the humidity / moisture could get inside the tv , long term ?

Is that a good idea placing a TV over a tank, surely the humidity / moisture could get inside the tv , long term ?
Cold water setup and low wattage led so shouldn't be any problems

they can take my weight, but if you stick stuff on top your losing its main feature being a storage box,

I have only stood on one for a short period of time, so who knows how long it will take a load, did make a nice unit the smaller one for my flow pump controller and light power pack, as well as a storage tank for auto top up

If you're asking the question then it's not strong enough, but I'm someone who'd put four hinges on a four foot gate like my grandad did and I'd expect it to outlast me. "that'll see me art"

Back