• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Would this tank design work?

Ags11

The idea of this talk is two blocks of water separated by emergent substrate and plants. Water flows in through one end, filters it’s way through the central hill and exits back to the pump at the other end.

autodraw 28_09_2020.png

Would this have any particular advantages? Would it work? I guess you could keep incompatible livestock either side of the hill?

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn’t as the hill will become clogged with detritus Which will be difficult to remove with damaging the hill. I suspect that flow will also be very slow. What plant are you planning to grow in the hill? Some plants won’t reposed well to flowing water around their roots.

would be interesting to see.

Were you meaning a Sand/gravel completely built up glass to glass and breaking the surface?

yes, that is what I meant.

Won't work with anything but lava rock. The out side will drain and inside will flood.

I say la va rock because I've seen it done but pump was really slow

Won't work with anything but lava rock. The out side will drain and inside will flood.
Piece of glass in the middle covered by the gravel should work, bit like an overflow. But not the easiest thing to clean!

Back