• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

would this work as an inline diffuser?

Chris

No boubt you'll get some bubbles, but they might be on the large size compared to CO2 specific kit, which tend to use ceramic for fine bubbles and hence efficient diffusion. Could you run a tee off for 16mm hose and use a standard in line unit designed for canister filters perhaps?

Regards, Pete

Hi Chris

I think the problem with this venturi is that most of the bubbles will quickly rise in your large tank and you may not get good distribution. A lot of folks seem to be using these inline on 16mm filter tubing:
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/up-co2- ... -5432.html
If you split your return water, one feeding an inline unit and one higher flow for circulation, you could position the co2 outlet lower in the tank, so the smaller bubbles get carried around in the 'main' flow.
This could give you more options in terms of distribution without restricting or compromising your turnover for a large filter and tank.
I split the return water from my FX5 via a rigid 25mm pipe 'manifold' to a 16mm outlet low in the tank from my inline co2 reactor one side, and a lily pipe for more surface flow on the other. This has proved better than two lilly pipes in my 100x50x55, as the gas stays lower and longer in the tank.

Cheers, Pete

Back