• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Wow! Been EI dosing just days and look…

Greengeek

I’m a EI convert! I got my first set of ingredients for EI dosing as recommended on here and set them up on a automatic dosing pump. I can see a clear difference already and it’s only been four days , yellowish leaves are greening and even the reds look better. Also much better growth and finally pearling which I could not even get when I ran this tank with co2. The Vallis and Amazon Swords in particular thinks it’s Christmas. Lol

D4352D6D-8296-4003-B319-B7DAD705524B.jpeg
89AB8678-A1D3-4921-A91E-843B543D1C81.jpeg

Very nice. Could you advise on the products you are using?
Thank you.

I purchase from Aquarium Plant Food UK came with great instructions and were very straightforward to use.
Ei Starter 1 Kit with Bottles - Fertilisers

Starter 1 Kit with Bottles
Ei Starter Kit Bottles​
1​
Nitrate
1 x Potassium Nitrate KNO3 500g £0.00​
Pot-Nitrate-500​
Phosphate
1 x Potassium Phosphate KH2PO4 250g £0.00​
Pot-Phosphate-250​
Magnesium
1 x Magnesium Sulphate MgSO4 500g £0.00​
Mag-Sulphate-500​
Trace
1 x Chelated Trace Elements 250g £0.00​
Chelated Trace-250​
Bottles
2 x Twin Neck Dosing Bottle £0.00​
Dosing Bottle 500​

Great stuff man.

My experience with ferns is that they need LOTS of K and PO4. I would double that once you are eased into EI. Pump that CO2 and it will grow like crazy.

plants growing like crazy means you have to be prepared to spend more time each week on tank maintenance 😅
I agree with you. But most people need to learn to grow plants well before they learn to slow growth to a manageable level. I find that very slow growth can cause algae in the wrong hands. also the tank looks very boring when it's very slow growth.

I’m a EI convert! I got my first set of ingredients for EI dosing as recommended on here and set them up on a automatic dosing pump. I can see a clear difference already and it’s only been four days , yellowish leaves are greening and even the reds look better. Also much better growth and finally pearling which I could not even get when I ran this tank with co2. The Vallis and Amazon Swords in particular thinks it’s Christmas. Lol
How did you feed your plants before?

Back