• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

WPG quick question?

mattyc

i have a 60L tank which is around 15 US gal and an arcadia T8 2x15w tubes which i is around 2WPG would this be classed as high light and would it be enough for Rotala rotundifolia to turn a bit red?

Cheers

I would'nt class it as a highlight tank, more medium light or just above low light more than likely. As far as I remember when I had 2x15w T8s on my 54l tank (24x12x12 inch) it did need CO2 at that that level or I would get algae soon enough, so more than lowlight anyway. I would say you would get away with using liquid CO2 excel or easycarbo if you didnt want to bother with pressurised. another thing I remember at that light level is that the likes of HC Glosso etc would always grow leggy so I eventually added more light. I would consider 3x24W T5 to be a highlight tank on a setup that size, thats what I use anyway on my 54l.

Try the rotola and see, hard to tell really if it would go red or not perhaps just at the tips it should grow alright though at that light level.

Back