• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Xmas competition NOW CLOSED DUE TO NO RESPONSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Starkey

Hi all,

I am feeling generous so i am going to do a xmas competition to raise some cash for UKAPS.

The prizes are all Tropica Plant Nutrition+ liquid,

First place will win a 500ml bottle,
Second place will get a 250ml bottle and tropica + capsules,
then there will be three more prizes of 250 ml bottles.

The cost to enter will be £4 via the paypal donation link,
When you enter could you please add that the donation is for the xmas competition? This will help JamesC.

You can have as many goes as you wish, and for those of you who do not have a paypal account you can send me a cheque and then i will use my paypal account to pay the society.(Please pm for my address)

The competition will run from the 1st of december 08 and will close on xmas eve.

All prizes will be sent out in january 09 when the xmas rush and new year has passed.

All winning entries will be placed into a box and drawn out by my wife Ann and my son Lee.

All you have to do is answer all these aquascaping related questions correctly to stand a chance of winning,

1) What do these letters stand for, C A U ?
2) What do these letters stand for, A G A ?
3) What was the name of the winning aquascape in this years ADA international aquatic plant contest ?
4) What is the name of the famous german aquascaper ?
5) What is the name of our highest placed ukaps member in this years ADA competition ?

Please do not take this competition too seriously it is a bit of fun and a way of raising some funds for our society,
would all entrants please PM me with their answers,

Best of luck,
John.

Re: Xmas competition

Cracking idea John! Thats very generous of you :D

Maybe one of our sponsors could chip in some stuff?

George Farmer said:
Dan Crawford said:
Cracking idea John! Thats very generous of you :D
Here here. Thank you, John.

Do the entrants PM you their answers?

Hi all,thanks George i forgot, will all entrants please PM me their answers,regards john

Can I offer another prize to the competition??? A box with 20 red cherry shrimp!!!
People who enter the competition would say if they want the shrimp prize too and you would separate those entries for the shrimp prize and then put them all together again and draw the other prizes, what do you say????

Let me know ;)

LondonDragon said:
Can I offer another prize to the competition??? A box with 20 red cherry shrimp!!!
People who enter the competition would say if they want the shrimp prize too and you would separate those entries for the shrimp prize and then put them all together again and draw the other prizes, what do you say????

Let me know ;)

Hi LD,you can add the shrimp prize if you wish,i think it would be a good idea if the winner of the first prize then chooses either the shrimp or the 500ml bottle and capsules, then we will have an extra prize for someone else,regards john.

john starkey said:
Hi LD,you can add the shrimp prize if you wish,i think it would be a good idea if the winner of the first prize then chooses either the shrimp or the 500ml bottle and capsules, then we will have an extra prize for someone else,regards john.
Had it to the list and decide on the draw rules ;)

Hi all,well to my surprise this competition has been running nearly a week and there doesnt seem to be anyone wishing to support it,i will give it another week and if its still the same then i will pull the the plug,regards john.

LondonDragon said:
If this falls through then I will auction the shrimp in the sale section and all profits donated to UKAPS!

Nice one ld,i may acution my lot off too and give the cash to the society,regards john.

john starkey said:
Nice one ld,i may acution my lot off too and give the cash to the society,regards john.
At least that way people pay for what they want, but was a nice idea though and would have generated more income for UKAPS if it worked out. But since some people already participated in the Santa presie exchange they might haven't spent their cash already!

Shrimp are good quality George, Steve and Joy can vouch for that haha ;) Only sending to UKAPS members at present.

Hi All, Due to lack of response this competition is now closed,regards john.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back