• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

YAR180 (Yet Another Rio 180).

saintly said:
pics steve, lets see it! :D the tank that is, not the heater...i know what they look like ;)

mark

It's looking a bit sparse at the moment. I got the P. helferi planted last night, I was assuming it would all be floating about this morning as I didn't have much stem to plant on each plantlet, but thankfully this morning the'yre all still in place!

Also planted a few stems of something random that came in the bunch with the P. Helferi from James. It looks like glosso, but more of a stem plant, if that even makes sense. It could be glosso that's grown tall but I'm not sure. I've planted it anyway ;) I'll see what happens I guess!

Something I didn't post about the other day is my attempt to make my own lily pipe. I used a section of clear plastic tubing, left over from hacking my EX700 spraybar down previously. I applied heat and moulded it with the rounded handles of several screwdrivers. It took a bit of heating, cooling, heating etc but the finished item isn't that bad. I seem to be getting an OK flow around the tank. I just need to re-position my diffuser I think. I have noticed some really nice gentle vortex swirls on the surface too :)

Really not convinced this Rhinox 5000 is working correctly. I have to have the BPS very high to get the whole thing to diffuse. I think the ceramic is faulty as it produces larger bubbles from one side. I assume the pressure doesn't build up enough inside for the whole thing to work at 2bps). I might try one of the smaller diffusers I have and position it differently.

Pics later on hopefully :)

Ok, some pics...

Full frontal:
full_post_plants.jpg

Closeup of plants:
plants_finished.jpg

DIY lily pipe:
DIY_lily.jpg

Can see this being a nice set up once it grows out.

Regarding the diffuser, do you have any problems with its placement directly under the filter intake. I have a rhinox2000 size one and initially started with it under the intake but found that gas would build up in the filter and spew out every half hour or so. It also made the filter relatively loud. I was actually thinking of upgrading to a 5000 as I though that this might be better suited for a 180L set up, but seeing this might wait.

Back