• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Yellow fire Sakura shrimp

Ian Holdich

I got 6 of these from my local MA today, there's not a great deal of info on the net about them. I just wondered whether many of you had kept them before and do they breed in freshwater?

yellow.jpg

they are a really vivid yellow already and they have only been in for a few hours. They have some really interesting shrimp at my local MA at the moment. They have some decent CRS, White Bee shrimp and Ninja shrimp.

Lovely shrimp they are the yellow colour form of cherry shrimp so treat them the same and they will breed lots. Of course better not to keep them with red or orange cherry shrimp if you want to keep the colour.

so will there be other colour morphs if they do breed with the cherries?

I've aquired some recently and already my favourites regarding vivid colour:-

83559d0c.jpg

b57c37e5.jpg

Great shrimp and breed just like cherries - maybe a little bit more shy, so provide cover to keep them happy shrimp and they will be just fine!

ianho said:
so will there be other colour morphs if they do breed with the cherries?

Eventually they will just turn brown like the wild species.

wow, what vibrant shrimp!

Seems like MA are getting keen on shrimp these days, my two locals have had a whole new load of tanks delivered full of different types!

not cheap though :(

nice shrimp when i was at aquatics live the guy from ma said you can order any thing and we will get it for you even if it's only one , not tried as i'm not near any :D

Back