• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Yellow leaves

Artichoke

Seedling
Hi guys,

I only replanted my tank on Saturday, and everything seemed alright, but over last 24 hours noticed some of the leaves on the Cryptocoryne are turning yellow? Is this to be expected with them being new or what could I do to help them? They're from Tropica and arrived in little packs (not in water at the store).

1. Size: ~16 litres
2. Filtration: internal filter (0-100l/h), set to about midway
3. Lighting: Flexi mini (9W?), 6 hours/day
4. Substrate: Tropica soil covered by layer of sand
5. Co2: Tropica Co2 system 60
6. Fertilisers: evolution aqua complete liquid plant food 0.6ml/day
7. Water changes: changing 50% every other day at the moment
8. Plants: Cryptocoryne, Anubias nana, Salvinia natans
9. Inhabitants: snails (onion) and a couple shrimp

A94990BA-889A-4AA3-AAC9-B4865A1A0C4E_1_201_a.jpeg

(day 1)

7A588ADF-71D6-4F33-8FF0-6EB920CD5E40_1_201_a.jpeg

(today)

Hi
Welcome to the UKaps:thumbup:
Most aquatic plants are grown out of water.....these leaves can be removed!
The Crypts will output new growth....after they have adapted to underwater life.
hoggie

i had a similar issue with the limnobium laevigatum resently. As Hogan mentioned it happened short time after introducing them to the water. After a few weeks I can see the yellow leaves drop off and go browish but fresh leaves will grow in its place. ( I do take them out asap to avoid possible ammonia spikes)

Hi all, Has it perked up? Because their leaves have access to atmospheric CO2, they don't need to adapt in quite the same way.

cheers Darrel

The rest looks fine and healthy.

Yellow leaves are a deficiency of some sort, maybe yours in not the obvious ones

Hi
Welcome to the UKaps:thumbup:
Most aquatic plants are grown out of water.....these leaves can be removed!
The Crypts will output new growth....after they have adapted to underwater life.
hoggie

Thanks for help 😀 will remove and keep an eye out for new leaves

Back