• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Yellow stripe shrimp changed colour?!

navvmau

I have been keeping shrimps for many years but never really have get them going well. They always slowly dying off. But I never gave up and once or twice a year re-stock the shrimps.

I always have the rcs yellow stripe ones and never experienced something like this. Suddenly today, one of the shrimp turned greenish!! She was normal yellow, I pretty sure because she the one who has saddle. In the picture you can see her comparing to other normal yellow stripe shrimp in my tank.

Anyone know what’s going on?

01b3ff477b6c248509c2fcfa4408e23a.jpg

10a64e40dee681c38f7fa7a9fba577ae.jpg

1dc3c730fd3c2082ec1e6ef81738f0e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long have you had these shrimp?

This is normal for Caridina cf babaulti

I have it for already 2-3 months it’s so weird. The guy who sold me the shrimps is a good breeder. He’s not a hobbyist so I don’t think it could be a mix strain or something.

How long have you had these shrimp?

This is normal for Caridina cf babaulti

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d contact the breeder, he may be excited at the find - greens do seem to come out intermittently from non-green strains, there are also reports of females changing coloration once they begin breeding

Lovely Shrimp :)

Back