• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Yo Yo Loach

Ross

I got three of these today and I love them there very active,playful and beautiful dose anybody keep them?

hi,
i had four to get rid of my snails.great fish,loads of character.one had no eyes.the wife wouldn't let me take it back and called it stevie :lol: .and what a wonder.got the biggest and the others followed it everywhere.gave them to a friend and got some striata's and now loads of snails :wideyed:

ask to borrow a pair of the loaches for a week to keep the snails down and then give them back. you both win that way. you lose snails, your mate gets two fat fish back!

hi nick
Nick16 said:
ask to borrow a pair of the loaches for a week to keep the snails down and then give them back. you both win that way. you lose snails, your mate gets two fat fish back!

i thought botia striata were meant to be good snail terminators,not mine :lol:

Funny that so did I.

Mine don't seem to be doing a great job of keeping the tank clear of snails either and I have put it down to one of two things. Either they are being fed to much other food or it wasn't the stiata's that were keeping the snails at bay but the two Darios that I recently removed from the tank and rehoused in one of my other tanks which funnily enough is now clear of snails. :rolleyes:

They are doing well in the tank growing well very playful and not aggressive

Back