• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

You know nothing (Gareth Rogers) ada 60 (h)45

Toadys been a big learning curve when it comes to planting but i am finaly there these pics are straight after planting so still needs to settle !
20170210_155036.jpg
20170210_155042.jpg

Last edited:
I have been suffering with a new regulator issue not sure if anyone has any advice when my solenoid switches off my working pressure has been rising what i think is too much at about 1 bar per hour i have messseged c02 art but typically happens at a weekend so i am having to manually release pressure each night and turn cylinder off each day untill i have spoken to someone.

Gareth this scape looks awesome, I am super excited to see this one grow in. I think my only complaint is the wall behind the tank, if you could figure out a way to hang a nice clean white or black piece of something. Maybe for just future pictures, I think it would add a nice touch. Once that moss come in on the tree it's going to be primo. I'm glad you went with the tall plants on the right instead of the second tree.

Good luck with the regulator issue. Keep us up to date.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Gareth this scape looks awesome, I am super excited to see this one grow in. I think my only complaint is the wall behind the tank, if you could figure out a way to hang a nice clean white or black piece of something. Maybe for just future pictures, I think it would add a nice touch. Once that moss come in on the tree it's going to be primo. I'm glad you went with the tall plants on the right instead of the second tree.

Good luck with the regulator issue. Keep us up to date.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Thanks for your comments yes totally agree with back light behind the tank thats a bit more to do with my photography experience but learn as we go on .As with plant selection i am very happy with choices so far there all starting to paint the picture i am looking for .

This looks great Gareth, nice sense of depth to the scape, very good hardscape and well planted for a first scape mate, a sheet of white or black card placed behind the tank for photographs will stop the light spill onto the wall.
thanks Tim will give that a try for next photos i was also thinking of making up some led panels to slot behind will have a play with that over the next few weeks had some ideas of creating a sunshine or moonlight ( the joy of being a sparky )

just a little update will post some more pictures over the weekend first the c02 issue is still being sorted definitely a issue with my reg but cause still undetermined ! its been a bit of a pain as my c02 dose has fluctuated :mad: and today come home to white fungus on my wood :arghh: i thought i had soaked my wood long enough but obviously not, i am carrying out water changes 50% daily so i am keeping on top of it on the plus side :) growth around the tank has been great the limnophilla sesslilfoora is doing its job and growing 2/3 cm a day can not believe how quick that grows ! the hydro tripartita japan has trebled in size and looking good the mc is also spreading well pogo is looking good and showing growth i have notice just below my outlet lily pipe plants look fine but not the same growth as the rest of the tank so going to have to look into flow down that side of the tank but all in all i am happy how plants are taking .

I am going to lose c02 for a few days while my regulator gets sent back to get fixed any advice on how i should keep running my tank in this period with no c02 any advice is very much appreciated

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi all,
I am going to lose c02 for a few days while my regulator gets sent back to get fixed any advice on how i should keep running my tank in this period with no c02 any advice is very much appreciated
You can maximise flow during the light period, that will increase the gas surface exchange area. When you aren't adding CO2 higher flow will lead to slower CO2 depletion in the water column during photosynthesis.

You could reduce the water level down to the top of the tree, and then CO2 has less far to diffuse to get to the bottom of the tank.

You will still have only a fraction of the CO2 that you had when you were adding CO2, so some melting is probably inevitable.

I've never used any of the "liquid carbon" products, but others may have suggestions using them.

cheers Darrel

No ferts (brighty K is ok), liquid carbon daily dosing, reduce lightning period to 6h, that's it
thanks for the advice :thumbup: lighting period id all ready at 6 hrs but i have now decreased the intensity down by 15% i am dosing Seachem flourish excel daily giving ,me a source of carbon i will now stop dosing ferts until my co2 returns

Hi all, You can maximise flow during the light period, that will increase the gas surface exchange area. When you aren't adding CO2 higher flow will lead to slower CO2 depletion in the water column during photosynthesis.

You could reduce the water level down to the top of the tree, and then CO2 has less far to diffuse to get to the bottom of the tank.

You will still have only a fraction of the CO2 that you had when you were adding CO2, so some melting is probably inevitable.

I've never used any of the "liquid carbon" products, but others may have suggestions using them.

cheers Darrel
thanks also for the advice :thumbup: following what i have all ready done from cookies response i have also dropped my water level not as low as you suggested but still 2/3 inches lower i have changed my pre filter media earlier than i intended to the 30ppi sponge to help prevent any decrease in flow and hopefully give a slight increase i am contemplating removing one sponge from my filter tray also as i am not sure if i am going to need it , there is one area in my tank which is lacking in flow which i am going to try increase while my regulator is away from me , it does not help my ada vuppa has packed up on me after 2 days the transformer had overheated this is a issue with running something not at a uk voltage wish i could turn back time and purchased something more suitable

If you need a different skimmer, look at the OF Surf Clear Surface Skimmer, I noticed another member if this forum using them over the Eheim Skim 350, they are much easter to maintain and less likely to suck in nano fish and shrimp, which is a problem with the Skim 350 and I imagine you would have the same issue with the ADA Vuppa.

If you need a different skimmer, look at the OF Surf Clear Surface Skimmer, I noticed another member if this forum using them over the Eheim Skim 350, they are much easter to maintain and less likely to suck in nano fish and shrimp, which is a problem with the Skim 350 and I imagine you would have the same issue with the ADA Vuppa.

does look pretty neat but i am thinking of just adding a discreet air stone to have come on after c02 ( when it returns ) goes off for 2/3 hours and in place of the skimmer using a powerhead i feel i may get a better direction of flow in the drop over the hill and to be honest a air stone is not going to do any harm when live stock is added

A few pictures from above !lots of new green leaves showing on most plants! Hc has been growing well the limnophilla sesslifoora hit the top of the water today the hydro tripartita japan has trebled in size/height the pogostemon helferi especially on the left side of the tank has shown good growth same as the flame moss itbis notable in the bottom right corner still plants are not growing as quick ! Still excuse of the tree glue still shows through from up above
20170215_164501.jpg
20170215_164451.jpg
20170215_164447.jpg

Back