• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

You know nothing (Gareth Rogers) ada 60 (h)45

I thought i would add these i had some plants left over after planting and not wanting to waste i dug out some glass bowls and got planting ! I am keeping them coverd with clingfilm and just using sunlight no artificial light, i am spraying them twice a day using my tank water
20170219_105510.jpg
20170219_105529.jpg
20170219_105446.jpg

I have also removed the ada vuppa which is very pleasing on the eye but thats it!! useless at its job had x2 pumps in 1 week after 2nd pump transformer went its also pain that its run at a 100v so step down transformer needed! Anyway i have fitted a oase optimax 500 circulation pump ! First impression these pumps are tiny could easily be hidden there also silent running as for flow does what it says on the tin! no complaints there hopefully this will carry co2 around my tank better where i was getting a dead spot plants are now swaying so it looks hopefull , for under £20 and it comes with a 3 year guarantee can not complain , its nice to see a company belive in its product will last , hopefully in the future it will improve its in tank aesthetics

quick update ! spoke to co2 art today after testing and cleaning my reg and replacing parts they should hopefully be sending my reg back tomorrow as long as its all OK after tonight :clap: as my tanks been doing its doing ok considering i have cut the light back and not dosing any ferts i am only adding seachem flourish excel daily ! the limnophilila sesslilfoora is still growing stupidly fast and to trim back 3 times now as its hit top of the tank its bushing up nicely ! another one that seems to be doing really well is the tripartita japan looks healthy and growing well had to push that back down twice also the mc is spreading well but can definitely see a lack of nutrients just hope it holds on till i get things up and running properly again same can be said about the tax barbieri and sp bonsai its the ferts they are missing most i feel ! at least there is no signs of algae and i am getting on top of this white fungus which keeps appearing on my tantora driftwood bonsai .

As it's been nearly a week I would add some nutrients Gareth, 1/3 or 1/2 ei dose should do it, plants still need food without co2 just not as much.
i think your right i will give 1/2 dose from tomorrow morning i will be doing daily water changes so i do not think i will risk any build up ! thanks for reassurance ;)

Reactions: tim
Good news the regulator is back!! :):clap: on and working just got to keep a close eye on it for next few days but hopefully full steam ahead.
20170224_155309.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tim
All working great issue with regulator appears to be sorted working pressure staying where it should be ! So i am hoping for happy plants this week and growth can start again since i deprived them last week , i am not going to add any shrimp for another week as i just want to make sure i do not get any more issues biological side is maturing fine but do not want anymore swinging ph like last week .

Last edited:
Update ! Had the co2 back in action for 1 week now and running smoothly plants took a few days to react after lack of dosing and co2 but growth is going well again . Added x10 amano shrimps last night finally! would of added earlier if co2 was not a issue,
20170303_144531.jpg
20170302_185859.jpg
20170302_185911.jpg
20170302_185942.jpg
20170302_185930.jpg

Update as you can see in the pictures still having a issue with fungus in the tree and on my wood it's easily removed but just a pain especially in the middle parts of the tree mind you my ottos seem to like it and help the process! Does anyone have any advice dealing with it ?
20170312_101806.jpg
20170312_101818.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Here is a few pictures of progress so far please excuse the pathway my shrimps find it funny to keep covering the path in soil I clean it up 30 minster later it's back again
20170312_125659.jpg
20170312_125744.jpg
20170312_125749.jpg
20170312_125859.jpg
20170312_125919.jpg
20170312_125940.jpg

now thinking about next phase of the tank ! every thing is growing well no issues apart from on the left side the tree seems to be shading the monte carlo too much its only in the area just under the tree and where it creeps up beside the rock going to have to fill with something in this area that is a bit less light demanding , also in the back right corner still not sure if i should keep the lilimnopilla sesslilfoora or plant something in amongst it . in regards to algae not seen any so far touch wood ! and seeing all the early issues i had with co2 i am surprised maybe the twinstar does perform miracles :joyful: :clap: or could be more to do with regular maintenance ;) still having to deal with fungus grows quicker than my lilimnopilla sesslilfoora, anyway thinking about the tank residents apart from clean up crew i am yet to decide on my main shoal flow round my tank is fairly strong so can not be suited for calm waters what would you all think would suit

Really impressed by the planting here Gareth. Looking forward to see it mature and fill out. Wabi kusa are nice use of leftovers too.

Really impressed by the planting here Gareth. Looking forward to see it mature and fill out. Wabi kusa are nice use of leftovers too.
Thanks natasha I am happy with it all for a first planted tank i think it turned out pretty well just the case of pruning it all into shape now . I feel the Moss in the tree has really took hold this last couple of weeks and it's filling in nicely it's now got to the stage I can start cutting it into shape , there will be a couple of minor adjustments I will make eg in and around the Base of the tree as it's too shaded to get the MC to grow and I would like something with some height but slower growing in the back corner near the filter pipes .

New arrivals all settled in well x12 haliquin rasbora and all active and shoalling nicely and the ada glass covers fit good too can not hardly notice them
20170320_112138.jpg
20170320_111530.jpg
20170320_111544.jpg
20170320_111530.jpg

Thanks natasha I am happy with it all for a first planted tank i think it turned out pretty well just the case of pruning it all into shape now . I feel the Moss in the tree has really took hold this last couple of weeks and it's filling in nicely it's now got to the stage I can start cutting it into shape , there will be a couple of minor adjustments I will make eg in and around the Base of the tree as it's too shaded to get the MC to grow and I would like something with some height but slower growing in the back corner near the filter pipes .

It's looking great! I've been running a smaller 30x30x30 ADA (the aquarium that I adopted) but I've been wondering about moving up to this size (your 60x45x45). I think your scape has convinced me. :)

It's looking great! I've been running a smaller 30x30x30 ADA (the aquarium that I adopted) but I've been wondering about moving up to this size (your 60x45x45). I think your scape has convinced me. :)
Thanks natasha. One word of advice with this aquarium (height) it's great having the height but think about what sort of scapes you want to achieve takes a lot of building up ! But on the other hand it suits me fine and already got things in my mind for the future ;) learned a lot from the build process this time around .

Last edited:
Back