• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Your Fishkeeping History

Here is my history

2003- a month later in 2003

Goldfish bowl... lets just say it didnt go too well.

2005-2006

60 litre tropical
Plants: Dwarf hair grass, lily's, some long tall thin leaved thing, amazon swords, rontundala rontundifolia and others. They all grew bloody well considering I had no special substrate, didnt use fertilizer and no co2.
myoldoldtank.jpg

2006- 2008

My beloved marine tank, which sadly isnt set up because a skimmer pipe came of and emptied the contents of the tank onto the front room floor...

90 litre tank, marine
Corals: Euphyllia Panchora, Zoanthus., Rhodactis, GSP, Candy canes.. was oging to move into sps, thank god i didnt spend all the money on it :p
P7280328.jpg

P7280380.jpg

P7260321.jpg

Sad that this ended, but I know that I will start another marine in the future.

And now we have my 15litre planted nano :D
P9200325.jpg

Ive had a pretty all round experience with fish from ponds to marine which has resulted in me getting a part time job in a LFS, helps pay for all the things you need at 15!

In the 1st pic there is a Maroon Clown, and the blue fish are Blue/Green chromis, 2nd pic shows the Maroon and a Midas Blenny, the last pic, shows my Powder Blue Tang, and a False Lemonpeel angel grazing on nori seaweed.

daftndirekt what lighting did you use in the marine tank? I love the colour it gives.

glad you liked my pics ill dig out some more if you want but maybe add them to my 'hi im new thread' if you want

cheers chris

daftndirekt said:
I used 20,000k double ended halide, worked a treat, brilliant clip on light.

Could you pm me a link to where you got it please?

George Farmer said:
2003 - grew algae

2004 - grew plants

2005 - started aquascaping

2006 - started writing about it

2007 - started photographing it

2008 - realised how much I still have to learn about all the above

:lol:

daftndirekt, that is a beautiful tank, in the 2nd pic (of marine) what s the coral in the centre? looks amazing.

Back