Your UKAPS Highlights...

Tim Harrison

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought it might be a nice idea to start a thread where we can all share our UKAPS highlights. It could be a scape, an image, video, or journal etc that inspires you, or otherwise sticks in your memory for some reason.
Either way, don't forget to include a video and/or a pic or two :)

I'll start with this from @zanguli-ya-zamba and his video from his expedition to the DR Congo and the underwater garden lake Fwa with Heiko Bleher...

zozo

https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/green-pekoe-pond-40-litres.27575/

Definitively one of the threads/scapes i cannot forget.. It changed my traditional views and showed me a different universe of aqaurium keeping. One i yet had not explored. Some how it inspired me that much every time i setup an aqaurium a memory to this scape comes back. This one steered me towards new experiences, thoughts and opinions.. Now i think an aqaurium without emersed plant growth isn't a complete aqaurium and simply missing something crussial. :)

Tim Harrison

Super Moderator
Staff member
https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/green-pekoe-pond-40-litres.27575/

Definitively one of the threads/scapes i cannot forget.. It changed my traditional views and showed me a different universe of aqaurium keeping. One i yet had not explored. Some how it inspired me that much every time i setup an aqaurium a memory to this scape comes back. This one steered me towards new experiences, thoughts and opinions.. Now i think an aqaurium without emersed plant growth isn't a complete aqaurium and simply missing something crussial. :)
Nice choice Marcel, a truly inspirational scape and journal...
17005509217_eeffd08b9f_c_d-jpg.jpg

Fiske

Hi all,Favourite of mine as well, and I still occasionally revisit @BigTom's <"Tom's Bucket O' Mud"> and @Akwascape's, <"Windowsill Nature....">.

cheers Darrel
Yep, all those are my favourites too. I'd love a bucket of mud in my living room. I'd need a second mortgage to have something like that custom made here, it is prohibitively expensive (and a third mortgage when Mrs. Fiske throws me out :hilarious:). So the videos has to do it for me.

Zeus.

Well my personal highlight has been having my Journal put in the Featured section OFC which I am still gobsmacked about:D

Toms Puddle of mud is a classic OFC and good to see some of the other choices as it gives me a shortlist of your favourites which I need to catch up on ;)

Great thing about the forum is its so full of content its just bursting at the seams :woot: