• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

zebra plec lo46

forest6

Seedling
hi just a quick question
i,ve got a lo46 zebra plec in a tank a work and would like to bring her home,does anyone know if she will mix with my shrimps.some of the shrimps are only 10mm and i dont want them eaten.
many thanks paul.

I think smallish Plecs are alright with shrimp, but I'm not 100%. I would imagine they might eat a few but not actually hunt them down.

Smaller mature plecs like protein foods like bloodworm and will probably eat fry but they won't go after adult shrimp. Thats my experience with pitbulls which are even smaller when mature than zebras

AC

thanks guys
are pitbulls good aglae eaters.lfs got some in for £5 and say they are good,but i dont trust them 100%.
many thanks paul.
ps thanks for the link london dragon very helpfull.

Pitbulls are everything eaters. They love wood best but in the process clear algae from the wood. They tend to do the same as Otos algaewise rasping the glass etc. with the added bonus of cleaning the substrate like Corys. Wood is their fave though

£5 is an awesome price. Normally closer to £10

AC

Back