• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Zebra plecs.

TDI-line

Just thought i'd share a few pictures of my zebra plec tank, all where bought as juvenille's, and are slowly getting bigger and fatter. :D

Sorry about the quality of the pics, they are very shy and hide as soon as some one goes in the room.

DSC00223.jpg

DSC00221.jpg

DSC00216.jpg

DSC00214.jpg

DSC00213.jpg

DSC00227.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

DSC00240.jpg

DSC00235.jpg

DSC00232.jpg

beeky said:
Are the exports still banned? How much do tank bred ones cost these days?

Yes, there is no exporting of wild zebs, but they do pop up now and then.

Mine are all tank bred (F1), and basically they go for around £100 for 1-1 1/4" which would be about 6-9 months old.

There's always a few on Ebay, and of course http://www.zebrapleco.com

beeky said:
I hope your investment pays off!

Are they easy to sex or do you have a group?

Yes, it would be very good if it did, but we'll just have to wait and see, but it was something i've always wanted to do, but never really had the capital to do it. ;)

They are always so cute to look at, and it's good fun doing water changes as i remove the rocks and there still stuck to it. :D

As for sexing, haven't a clue for mine, hopefully a good split of m/f for my 12. I bought them from 2 sources also, so will a have a good mixture of breeding lines too.

One of the ones i bought also has some broken lines on the stripes, but he is very small still.

Still no spawning with mine, but it's only 10 months on, and they are probably just coming into young adulthood. :rolleyes:

But unfortunately i did loose one of the adults, which is a real shame.

And in the same instant found about 5 Cory. Sterbai babies (2cm!) in my Blyxa tank.

Karma.

Back