• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Zetlight

Shyyo

Seedling
I'm planning a 130X35X45(height) planted tank with 8cm gravel. Basically low-medium light plants but i would like a few red ones. I have an option to buy zetlight lancia 2 (ZP400-1200P) 48w led light. 4400 lumens. 112cm with extensions to 130. https://www.zetlight.com/lancia2-series-freshwater-p00109p1.html
The light should be fixed 5 cm above water surface.
I prefer using only one fixture, would it be enough?
Thanks, Shy

It's going to depend a lot of choice of plants and where they are placed in the tank

48w (I know not the best metric) over 170 litres would be ok for most low/medium light plants. You then have to factor in if using co2 etc

Thanks Nick
I thought of ludwigia rubin, nymphaea lotus, barcalia, Alternanthera rosaefolia...

No co2 injections only using excel/florinaxis twice a week.

Thanks Nick
I thought of ludwigia rubin, nymphaea lotus, barcalia, Alternanthera rosaefolia...

No co2 injections only using excel/florinaxis twice a week.

None are particularly difficult plants, the main thing to remember with red plants is that most need intense light (which in term means co2) to develop the bright colouration, without it most are just green.

Back