• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

zigs tank

yep great mate. im all fired up myself now. i wanna scape!

tanks 3 and 4 were pretty special dont tyou think?

didnt like numbver 1

Congratulations zig! Custom tank? What are the full specs?
Number 2 is my favourite 3 and 4 should have placed 1st. 1st looks like one of those pictures that they have in cheap restaurants where the waterfall looks like it's moving.

Not at all impressed with the top 5 TBH except for no.3. Thats superb... only because its a design I though about a couple of weeks back to myself :rolleyes: Like a bonsai on a cliff side.
Love zig's v2. much more 'hard' looking with the stone coming right up to the front. really cool.

LondonDragon said:
Was actually pretty disappointed with the winner!

I was too until I noticed the size of it ..... 300 x 66 x 84 (cm) :eek:

I like rank 0011. Also Cliff Hui rank 004 but ive always admired his scapes.
Big Congratulations to Peter Kirwan rank 0015.

Thanks everyone!

Garuf, yes its a custom tank, opti low cost ordinary glass DIY tank I made myself :D same dimensions as a 60p except 45cm depth instead of 30cm.

I'm envious, I was hoping on ordering a 60x40x50 from greenmachine but it has to wait till I have a real job and a house of my own... *day dreams*
Congratulations again, do you know when you can show us the pictures?

Garuf said:
I'm envious, I was hoping on ordering a 60x40x50 from greenmachine but it has to wait till I have a real job and a house of my own... *day dreams*
Congratulations again, do you know when you can show us the pictures?

Hopefully in the next day or two mate, don't know what the storey is tbh, as soon as ADA post the top 27 tanks I presume I can post mine :?

JAmesM said:
really interesting scape imo.

very, the whole "layering" cliff faces etc, seems to be happening alot in asia. its defo the path im taking with my next scape.i got the height in my big tank too. ;) im all excited :wideyed:

jay said:
Well i just been on creative aquascape union and some superb pics and detail of the winning tank... Its actually pretty amazing.
You have to register and follow a link from an interview with the winner.

Why do they need you to register :twisted: its not like its a forum or anything like that, didn't register maybe later. I have seen some pictures already, one thing that struck me from looking at them was some of the outer stones do not look right IMHO, there is a stone to the left and a stone to the right hand side that look out of place compared to the others, the centre section is superb though. Now alls you have to do is combine that with a mountain scene and you could be onto a winner :lol:

planter said:
I was too until I noticed the size of it ..... 300 x 66 x 84 (cm) :eek: .
I did notice that, even then!! A larger resolution photo would help! ;)

I think the winner is a stunning tank. How many people would have the balls to hardscape a 300cm like that.

Dave.

Dave Spencer said:
I think the winner is a stunning tank. How many people would have the balls to hardscape a 300cm like that.
Dave.
I have now seen close up photos of this tank and its trully amazing, its based on the Chinese mountain ranges, very nice indeed. But I still think there are better in the top 10! but thats my opinion.

saintly said:
Dave Spencer said:
How many people would have the balls to hardscape a 300cm like that.

certainly not the women...errr, wrong thread :lol:

:lol:

Considering this in the the gallery section I think it is amazing the number of pages this thread has got to without a single pic being posted in it yet!

Back