Zooborns

Discussion in 'Photography' started by CeeBee, 26 Aug 2009.

1. CeeBee

CeeBee Member

Today, I was looking through the photo galleries on the Telegraph website and browsed through a selection of photos of baby animals taken from a website called Zooborns.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthp ... world.html

I'd been to Whipsnade recently and taken some pics of their baby elephant - so I thought I'd submit them to the site. I really didn't expect to hear anything from them.

So - I was delighted to get an email from them and it made my day when they used them :D

http://www.zooborns.com/

2. George Farmer

George Farmer Founder Staff Member

That's brilliant news!

The photo is wonderfully captured too. Did you use a long lens?

3. CeeBee

CeeBee Member

Cheers, George!

I used my 55-200ml.

4. Dan Crawford

Dan Crawford Founder Staff Member

Thats fantastic! I bet your chuffed :thumbup:

I have that lense, might have to bring her out :D

5. CeeBee

CeeBee Member

Thanks, Dan.

I'm hoping that the birthday fairy might be bringing me a longer lens soon 8)

6. For that lens, they are brilliant! I failed epically at Colchester Zoo with my 70-200L

7. john starkey

john starkey Member

Hi Caroline
    nice pics and what a cute baby elephant,I bet you were really pleased when they used them,
    take care john.

8. CeeBee

CeeBee Member

Hey John :D

Thanks - she is a cutie. I don't think we'll be going back anytime soon though - I can't believe how expensive zoos are these days. I thought Leigh was going to have to have a sit down, he was so shocked :lol:

Tom - I was really lucky - they came quite close to the barriers, so it was easy. I tried taking some pics of other critters, but they were rubbish because they were too far away for the lens.