• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

[NANO] Fluval Flora 30l

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Hi everyone,

Just completed setting up the Fluval Flora that I acquired at Aquatics Live back in November, the tank is just the complete kit, the only thing that I am not using is the CO2 unit that came with it, decide to leave the background in place also. This nano aquarium is 30 litres and measures 30cm wide, 30cm back to front and 35cm high.

I used Manzi wood and dragon stone for the hardscape, the plants are a variety of different species of Anubias, ferns and bolbitis, there is a moss in there also and will add a couple more mosses soon. Just want to keep it nice and simple and very low tech. The tank had no dosing yet.

At this moment it just houses one fish (Forktail Rainbow) and some ramshorn snails.

7191347196_50a42141de_b.jpg

7191346872_0ea3948e92_b.jpg

7191346620_757b98c349_b.jpg

7191346310_6004681d6b_b.jpg

That's all for now, thanks for looking :D :wave:

KrisHumphreys1991 said:
Beautiful Paulo :D
I like the way the narrow leaf Java comes out in the midground.
Thanks Kris :) just simple tank, might be home to some shrimp in the future ;)

How are those blue sulawesi's coming along in the Fissidens carpet tank ?
It's very well done for a simple tank!

Very nice Paulo, it already looks like its been running since november :wideyed: very mature from the off, great work.
Is that bolbitis swiped from your shrimp colony tank, or another one?
Cheerio,
Ady.

KrisHumphreys1991 said:
How are those blue sulawesi's coming along in the Fissidens carpet tank ?
It's very well done for a simple tank!
There are some nice blues but mostly just pale shades of purple, think it will require a lot of selective breeding to get the best out of them. But they are different and look ok, nothing special really, so not sure what to do with them, might start to offer them cheaply at the price of cherries to get rid of them.

Ady34 said:
Very nice Paulo, it already looks like its been running since november :wideyed: very mature from the off, great work.
Is that bolbitis swiped from your shrimp colony tank, or another one?
Cheerio,
Ady.
Thanks Ady, the tank has been running for a while but not planted, then I got some plants when we visited Living Waters a few weeks back but they had just been in their pots until the bank holiday weekend when I decided to plant it, I think its more to do with the number of plants that I used from the start, makes it look more mature, the anubias flowers this week which was nice too :)

Well when you are selling them, and you're feeling adventurous :lol: you could try posting them to Ireland :D
I'll be there for the next few months. Are you culling the miscoloured ones ?

Can i just ask in reference to the ferns, moss and anubias, in a small area (difficult to work in) did you attach them to the actual hardscape or add them to small rocks and then place them without the fidgeting around with cotton/fishing line/superglue or woodtight..... or did you remove the hardscape, attach and re hardscape? Sorry for all that, but im going to be planting up a nano soon and could do with some tips.
Cheerio,
Ady.

KrisHumphreys1991 said:
Well when you are selling them, and you're feeling adventurous :lol: you could try posting them to Ireland :D
I'll be there for the next few months. Are you culling the miscoloured ones ?
Not sure about sending them to Ireland, don't next day delivery works in the same way! and I am not culling them, just letting nature take its course, and these guys are super fast, hard time catching them one by one :lol: so I gave up!

Ady34 said:
Can i just ask in reference to the ferns, moss and anubias, in a small area (difficult to work in) did you attach them to the actual hardscape or add them to small rocks and then place them without the fidgeting around with cotton/fishing line/superglue or woodtight..... or did you remove the hardscape, attach and re hardscape? Sorry for all that, but im going to be planting up a nano soon and could do with some tips.
Cheerio,
Ady.
Hi Ady, fire the questions at will ;) only the little anubias stardust at the front is attached to a little rock using cotton thread, the others I used PVC coated green garden wire around the rihzones to weight the plants down, then place them after I added the hardscape, just slotted them into place, once their roots become attached to rocks and wood then they will never move again. The moss is superglued to some metal mesh.

LondonDragon said:
Hi Ady, fire the questions at will only the little anubias stardust at the front is attached to a little rock using cotton thread, the others I used PVC coated green garden wire around the rihzones to weight the plants down, then place them after I added the hardscape, just slotted them into place, once their roots become attached to rocks and wood then they will never move again. The moss is superglued to some metal mesh.
Cheers for that.
I have some metal aquarium plant weight on a roll that you just cut off where needed, but unsure of its shrimp compatability???

Paulo, that looks cracking mate. Yet another example of why full planting from the start can be so stunning. Its a decent looking tank too. One of the ones I considered. :thumbup: Subscribed :)

Ady34 said:
I have some metal aquarium plant weight on a roll that you just cut off where needed, but unsure of its shrimp compatability???
As long it doesn't rust shouldn't be a problem to the plants, not sure about how they fair with shrimp, haven't used them in the past.

awtong said:
Those Anubias look fantastically healthy and lush.
What a lovely little tank.
Andy
Many thanks Andy

Antipofish said:
Paulo, that looks cracking mate. Yet another example of why full planting from the start can be so stunning. Its a decent looking tank too. One of the ones I considered. :thumbup: Subscribed :)
Thanks Chris, this is the first tank I own with the curved edges and I am in two ways about it, it will grow on me! lol

frothhelmet said:
whats the background?
Hey Gerard, it came with the tank, just cut a hole in it for the filter and left it, looks ok and the bobiltis roots have attached to it nicely.

Ady34 said:

it's fine. I've been using it with shrimp for years (CRS, blue pearls, amanos, snowballs, greens, etc).

a1Matt said:
Ady34 said:

it's fine. I've been using it with shrimp for years (CRS, blue pearls, amanos, snowballs, greens, etc).
Cheers. That'll come in handy then!
Ady.

easerthegeezer said:
Nice looking nano paulo, low tech nanos are so satisfying!!
Do your hamshorns float about the tank and at the surface?? Mine do in all my tanks... :crazy:
Thanks Iain, yes they do that in all my tanks too, the craziest thing ever lol

Back