• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My 3 tanks

Can you tell us, do you use your filters on their full power (max flow) or do you reduce flow with something?

Sent via Tapatalk

Just updated the specs post with fert info. Also added a video I did of the 1ft a while back (when the scape was about 4 months old).

Can you tell us, do you use your filters on their full power (max flow) or do you reduce flow with something?

The 2ft and 1ft filters are on full power. I pack filters pretty tight (i.e. x2 large bio-chem zorb pouches in the 2ft's fluval 406, and one large in the 1ft's 2213). Plus they have the heater and reactor (several elbows) to slow the flow.

The mini m filter isn't packed so tight (no big polishing pouches). So on this one I have the taps turned down slighly. Previously the hc was being blown around too much and some on the front-right was uprooting. As the filter begins to clog (shouldn't have to wait long) I'll return the taps to full power.

Changed up the 3rd tank. I hope the foreground now blends in more with the rest of the scape. I think it will look better when the hc grows over the edges of the sand. Still plan to rework the small rock placement and add more mt glorious fissidens

ghgl_zps3c7f7a5d.png

Wow... 5-6 bps? That sounds like a lot!

LOL those fertiliser names - dino pee and dino spit. Sounds like you dose the macros once a week, micros every 2 days and carbon every 2 days?

Last edited:
Wow... 5-6 bps? That sounds like a lot!

LOL those fertiliser names - dino pee and dino spit. Sounds like you dose the macros once a week, micros every 2 days and carbon every 2 days?

Yeah, the names are funny. the root tabs are called Dino Dung.

I dose macro/micros on alternate days. Excel/spit about once or twice a week.

Back