• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pothos

remiixx95

Seedling
I have a pothos plant which does not seem to be growing what so ever the roots have stayed the same since I got it what am I doing wrong?

Sent From Sony Xperia M2 Using Tapatalk.

Are you saying you have a Pothos immersed ? Not sure what you are asking .
Pothos are not aquatic but i grow them out the top of my tank is that what you are doing?

Yes my pothos is immersed in my fish tank but it's not growing it has a good amount of sunlight so I don't understand

The only reason would be not enough nutrients in the water column if amount of light has been ruled out. Sometimes they also need adjusting period if they were grown in in drier conditions. I haven't kept photos but some tropical plants do better if roots are in a pot with some sort of medium like hydroponic clay balls, or a combo of soil and clay balls, and the pot is then submerged just under the water surface. The clay balls have CEC ability so they store nutrients to which the plant can get easy access all the time.
You can buy riparium planters online or make some yourself from suitable plastic shower caddies or similar, with some suction cups.

If it has only recently been added to the tank and was growing in soil previously it may need a few weeks to adjust to the new conditions before you see much growth. Similarly if it is a new cutting from an existing plant then several weeks sulking is not uncommon.

Mine always grew well (once it had settled in) just bare rooted wedged into the hardscape àt the top of the tank without any form of substrate.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

The roots are quite large on it and it has been a few months now how do I give it more nutrients

Epipremnum (pothos) is very similar to Philodendron, in demands of light.
By far most of Philodendron doesn't need ( read: doesn't really like ) much direct sunlight. They primarily live on the trunks of tall forest trees, therefore adapted to a life in the shadows. Epipremnum live similar in nature.
That said - Epipremnum CAN adapt to relatively high amounts of sunlight........but need time, to adjust. Often oldest leaves doesn't make it, but turn pale and fall off. New growth ( once it get started ) are better adapted to new conditions.
- So if your plant was grown according to needs before (ex. in a nursery), it may well be, that it needs to adapt to your "good amount of sunlight".

Okay thank you for all your help everyone

Back