• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Searching for a tree... HELP!

kadoxu

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find something like this here in the UK?

2014_10_24_16_41_11.jpg

I saw this in an Italian aquascape, and from what I can understand, this is Tantora Driftwood Red. Aquarium Gardens has something similar, but the color is too light for my liking.

Hey kadoxu have you tried aqua essentials? https://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=545_11_238_320

They have lovely pieces on there, also the ones labelled with select letters and numbers such as A3 they are the ones in the picture, other Ones are randomly selected such as large pieces or twigs, you can also leave a comment on the type you are looking for, check the link out and see if any catch your eye!
I vouch for their service, hope this helps!

Hey kadoxu have you tried aqua essentials? https://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=545_11_238_320

They have lovely pieces on there, also the ones labelled with select letters and numbers such as A3 they are the ones in the picture, other Ones are randomly selected such as large pieces or twigs, you can also leave a comment on the type you are looking for, check the link out and see if any catch your eye!
I vouch for their service, hope this helps!

Thanks, unfortunately I already searched all UKAPS sponsors' websites from end to end with no luck... :(

I want to create an underwater tree with moss, and have yet to find a decent piece of driftwood to do it... Worst case scenario I'll have to get an expensive Bonsai Tree...

but the color is too light for my liking
it's very likely that the color will darken when submerged - most wood goes orange/red hues, some darken intensely with age (near black), others remain lighter (brown)

Have you spoken with AG?

The pic is very dark/night time.Probably look much lighter during the day.

it's very likely that the color will darken when submerged - most wood goes orange/red hues, some darken intensely with age (near black), others remain lighter (brown)

Have you spoken with AG?
I didn't remember that... it actually makes sense that it would change color slightly after being wet.
I'll probably send them an email this week asking if they have darker wood, or if it does get a bit darker once submerged.

Have you tried a website called (shrimp and scape) think u may find some there
I did, and it seems to be the same color from Aquarium gardens.

The pic is very dark/night time.Probably look much lighter during the day.
I think it's just a different type of wood...

The Spiderwood or Fingerwood you find in the LFS is root from a Rhododendron shrub.. :)
;)

43719cd9097041092bb96ad18241f3f1.jpg

I wouldn't have the balls to uproot such a beautiful plant just to fulfil my evil plans... :lol:
That could an option :D but you never know, now you know what to look for, might find one the owner wants to pull out of the garden to redesign it..
That way i found a very nice shaped stem piece of a climbing hydrangea i use in a Terra scape setup. Also a plant which can grow in intriguing bonsai shapes if trimmed with care, unfortunately to soft for aquarium.
htkyyaq-jpg.7229.jpg

That could an option :D but you never know, now you know what to look for, might find one the owner wants to pull out of the garden to redesign it..
That way i found a very nice shaped stem piece of a climbing hydrangea i use in a Terra scape setup. Also a plant which can grow in intriguing bonsai shapes if trimmed with care, unfortunately to soft for aquarium.
Very nice!

They are beautiful, however you rarely just see 'one' as they are quite invasive so you wouldn't be doing any harm & it wouldn't be missed :D
Let's uproot them all then!! :twisted: :lol:

I ended up buying a Driftwood piece, which is a bit too small, and a piece of Manzanita Wood, which is too big... I'll see if I can somehow combine them to get the shape I want.

Back