• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

30L play tank

johnjo

Pre first attempt at a high fizz aquascape. More of a bit of fun getting to know how plants, ferts, CO2 and sparkly lights work!

…Once I get a 60P set up and spend a bit of time planning things out I’ll be happier calling that my first go at an aquascape! It’s an odd shaped tank tall and narrow so feels limiting.

It’s 2 & 1/2 week old now and I’m really enjoying watching it grow. So far not many problems with algae as iv kept the lights quite low and had a bunch of Pennywort in there from the off., that’s the cluster on the left behind the Lilly pipe, and the big blob on the other side is Lobelia Cadinalis ‘mini’ that I’m going to let grow out of the tank and hopefully I’ll see the leaves change colour to purple. I’ll tidy it up a bit once it’s more established.

I have 3 types of stems at the back as well but they were only small when I put them in so hopefully they’ll be making a proper appearance in a few weeks.
IMG_7990.jpeg

Last edited:
Interesting with the corner feet. Is there a gap between the bottom of the glass and the table surface? I might have gone with a pad the whole bottom can evenly sit on instead if so.
That glass should be strong enough to support the weight.
We typically use mats beneath, where the glass is in contact with another surface, just encase that surface has impurities that will create a pressure point.
In this case, weight distribution should be pretty even.

Interesting with the corner feet. Is there a gap between the bottom of the glass and the table surface? I might have gone with a pad the whole bottom can evenly sit on instead if so.
Yes there’s a gap, it can be a pain if something rolls under it especially water! The tank has stood like that filled with water for the last 13 years though, it’s bomb proof and it only cost me £10 off eBay.
Originally it had a horrible thick plastic silver trim that ran all the way up all 4 sides and the same style feet sat on the top of the tank to hold a glass lid, I ripped them all off to give it the ‘ADA rimless effect’ 😂 as the cost of a rimless tank was outside my comfort zone back then.

It will be going back to a low tech tank soon enough once I get my first proper rimless 60P set up but for the cost and the enjoyment it’s given it’s been a great little tank and I reckon it’s got another few years in it yet.

Last edited:
Back