• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

AI Prime vs Kessil A360x?

You know a bit of an odd question.. Sure you got the FW version?
Reason I'm asking is going over the spectrum data for the fw and it really doesn't match what you are showing..
Could be published spectrums are wrong but my "napkin" analysis shows the base color temp to be about 5500K. About what the light over the Philodendron looks like.
Next ODD thing is I'm surprised at a 13000k preset in a fw.
Then there is this catalog" error..
Note the diodes:
View attachment 212553

You have a warm white channel right?

Pretty sure the images are wrong above, with the lower one being a reef light. Problem is, they are like that on the AI website, so I think their marketing department have also used the wrong image.

EDIT: Scratch that - I think the image of the black light might be the older configuration, and the white light the newer configuration if this is correct:

Prime-16-FW.jpg

I'd need to check my older model when I get home.

Pretty sure the images are wrong above, with the lower one being a reef light. Problem is, they are like that on the AI website, so I think their marketing department have also used the wrong image.

EDIT: Scratch that - I think the image of the black light might be the older configuration, and the white light the newer configuration if this is correct:

View attachment 212563

I'd need to check my older model when I get home.
I actually wrote to AI about my "concerns" with their published spectrum. I didn't go into the wrong or suspected wrong photos. I either misinterpret some or they have errors in several different places and profiles.
The only difference from the prev version beside moonlight and tweaked electronics is the addition of one regular blue.
Well diode color temp, CRI, and peaks are manuf of the led dependent.
"OLD" AI Prime:
aiprimeold.JPG

So to be perfectly clear in your experience with the light at 100% all channels it is definitely cool to very cool in color?

Attachments

• aiprimeold.JPG
    aiprimeold.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Huh....your'e running a cool white spectrum
Is that the 100% out of the box look?

I had a “duh” moment this morning, the picture I shared was the color tone out of the box but the app settings were from after I tuned it a bit which might help explain a bit why things don’t match at all. These are from how my tank looks with the app settings I shared:

ac88f97b640117d32fec262590f46607.jpg

4e521cf3475b636b9b53ffea0a1193c0.jpg

4674592c042e489971d0fdd01792670d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First thing I do with Primes to boost colour rendition, is turn warm white off completely, and cool white right down, and turn the Red and Green up to max and blue about 50%. Then gradually increase the cool white and blue to get the colour rendition I want, finally adding in a bit of warm white if things are still looking a bit cool and I need more overall light output.

Oh great tip, I’ll give that a go!

I had a “duh” moment this morning, the picture I shared was the color tone out of the box but the app settings were from after I tuned it a bit which might help explain a bit why things don’t match at all. These are from how my tank looks with the app settings I shared:

Thanks for clarifying. The 100% pic was all I was interested in.

I'll give you another way to "do" color in the AI.
All channels 100% but cool white at 0%.
Add cool white to taste.
Lo cri cool whites have a tendency to wash out colors.
Skip the moonlight for now.
Use the overall slider to dim to desired output.
Then there is the "power boost" thing so some channels could be adjusted to > 100%

o/t.. Cool accessory.

Last edited:
Back