• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bolivian Ram Question.

RickB

Hi guys.

Yesterday I added 2 Bolivian Ram to my planted tank.

I did research beforehand about water type etc and I have medium/soft water so they were fine that way, I also read about diet and all looked ok, but then after I got them I read somewhere that they "need" a soft sand or fine substrate, now I have tropica soil powder for substrate, will this be ok for them?

On another note, I think I lucked out and got a pair as I was hoping to, one has a slightly bigger build, brighter colours, pointier fins and a bigger forehead and they have not stopped swimming together since they were added to the tank.

Hi all,
now I have tropica soil powder for substrate, will this be ok for them?
Should be fine. They are geophagine cichlids so they spend a lot of time sifting the substrate, they still do it with any fine substrate.
On another note, I think I lucked out and got a pair as I was hoping to, one has a slightly bigger build, brighter colours, pointier fins and a bigger forehead and they have not stopped swimming together since they were added to the tank.
Sounds promising, they are really nice fish.

cheers Darrel

Back